pneumocystitis pneumonia-AIDS and HIV research citations
Annotated publication timeline
x-axis represents time, y-axis represents article importance (citation-based)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction for Diagnosing Pneumocystis Pneumonia in Non-HIV Immunocompromised Patients With Pulmonary Infiltrates.
Mar 06, 2009
... (IS) in 97 patients. Conventional pneumocystic pneumonia (PCP) stain was positive in ...
- Aerosolized pentamidine. Approved for HIV-infected individuals at high risk for Pneumocyst
Arch Intern Med
Dec 06, 1989
... in prophylaxis against Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in individuals infected with the ... a history of P carinii pneumonia or individuals with a CD4 ... no history of P carinii pneumonia. We present information about the ...
- Discontinuation of primary prophylaxis in HIV-infected patients at high risk of Pneumocyst
Mar 12, 2001
... risk of developing Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. DESIGN: Prospective multicentre study. PATIENTS ... : The incidence of P. carinii pneumonia after discontinuation of primary prophylaxis ... of primary prophylaxis against Pneumocystis pneumonia is safe in patients who ...
- [Pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis carinii in immunodepressed patients: clinical picture, t
Rev Med Chil
Oct 13, 1994
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia is frequent in patients with ... with AIDS) with Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia confirmed by the finding of ... underlying condition in patients with Pneumocysts carinii pneumonia and that long term ...
- [Thoracotomy as treatment for pneumothorax associated with pneumocystic carinii pneumonia
Nihon Kyobu Shikkan Gakkai Zasshi
Nov 21, 1996
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia is the most common respiratory ... secondary prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. Tube thoracostomy and pleurodesis were ...
- [Intrauterine and postnatal pneumonia in acquired immunodeficiency of infants]
Apr 23, 1992
... agent (RNA- or DNA-viruses, pneumocysts, bacterial flora, fungi). Considerable immunity ... of the specific features in pneumonia morphology.
- [Prevalence of Pneumocystis Jiroveci pneumonia in Tunisian primary immunodeficient patient
Dec 01, 2006
Pneumocystis Jiroveci pneumonia (PJP) is a rare opportunistic ... associated to a parasitologically confirmed pneumocystic infection was found in 9 ...
- Bronchoscopy versus empirical therapy in HIV-infected patients with presumptive Pneumocyst
Am Rev Respir Dis
Aug 31, 1993
... ) and with suspected Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia were compared using a decision ... ) criteria for presumptive P. carinii pneumonia. Two strategies were compared: (1 ... published probabilities for P. carinii pneumonia in patients fulfilling the CDC ...
- Prognostic implications of bronchoalveolar lavage neutrophilia in patients with Pneumocyst
Am Rev Respir Dis
Jul 12, 1989
... at risk for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) from human immunodeficiency virus ...
- Predictors of Pneumocyst osis or Tuberculosis in HIV-Infected Asian Patients With AFB Smear-Negative Sputum Pneumonia.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
Jul 22, 2008
... identify predictors of Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (PCP) or pulmonary tuberculosis (TB ... acid-fast bacillus smear-negative pneumonia and start specific therapy.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in HIV-negative patients with haematologic disease.
Jun 23, 1997
Since 1990, Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) was diagnosed in 15 ... . PCP was diagnosed by demonstrating pneumocysts in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. In ...
- Prophylaxis for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patients infected with human immunodefic
Clin Infect Dis
Jul 10, 1992
... 's sarcoma, initiating prophylaxis for pneumocystic infection in all patients with ... to reduce the development of pneumonia due to P. carinii but ... reviewed prophylaxis for P. carinii pneumonia in patients infected with the ...
- [Sputum examination in the diagnosis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in HIV-infected pat
Dtsch Med Wochenschr
Oct 05, 1994
... 71 bronchoalveolar lavages). Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia was diagnosed 65 times in ... lavage yielded pneumocysts. In nine further cases Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia could not ... HIV in whom Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia is suspected.
- [Pneumocystitis carinii pneumonia in adult patients with AIDS]
Jul 30, 1991
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia continues to be the commonest ...
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia complicating multiple myeloma.
Mar 28, 1991
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia complicated the course of two ... lavage, which demonstrated the typical pneumocysts. Clinical and roentgenographic improvement in ... infections such as P carinii pneumonia; however, as opposed to patients ...
- Effect of long-term primary aerosolized pentamidine prophylaxis on breakthrough Pneumocyst
Eur Respir J
Dec 06, 1996
... prophylaxis regimen for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) in human immunodeficiency virus ... and outcome of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia is not altered by long ...
- Pneumocystis-associated organizing pneumonia as a manifestation of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in an HIV-infected individual with a normal CD4+ T-cell count following antiretroviral therapy.
Int J STD AIDS
Aug 27, 2009
... a rare case of Pneumocystic jirovecii-associated organizing pneumonia (PJP) in an ... who developed PJP and organizing pneumonia as a manifestation of IRIS ...
- Predicting in-hospital outcome in HIV-associated Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia.
Feb 23, 1996
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) in HIV-infected patients ... of new drugs with anti-pneumocystic activity. In a retrospective study ...
- Urbs in rure: human immunodeficiency virus infection in rural Tennessee.
J Infect Dis
Jan 05, 1990
... important an issue as treating pneumocystic pneumonia. In this AIDS Commentary, Drs ...
- [Experimental and clinical pulmonary pneumocystosis]
Feb 05, 1999
... main periods--latent, pronounced, terminal (pneumocystic pneumonia) are distinguished taking into account ...
- An analytic method for randomized trials with informative censoring: Part II.
Lifetime Data Anal
Nov 25, 1997
... of a particular disease, say pneumocystic pneumonia in an AIDS trial or ...
- Possible significance of antibodies to Legionella pneumophila in HIV-1 infected patients w
Sep 22, 1994
... -1 infected patients with complicating pneumonia illness were assayed for the ... . In 25 of these patients Pneumocystic carinii has been previously diagnosed ... in AIDS patients with complicating pneumonia especially when the aetiological diagnosis ...
- Clinical description of children with HIV/AIDS admitted at a referral hospital in Addis Ab
Ethiop Med J
Mar 29, 2002
... tuberculosis seen in 28 patients, pneumonia in 27, pulmonary tuberculosis in ... marasmus in 17 patients. Pneumocystic carinii pneumonia was considered in 11 patients ...
- [Epidemiological characteristics of pneumocystosis in the Ukraine]
Med Parazitol (Mosk)
Mar 26, 2004
Pneumocysts have been detected in the ... lung in the presence of pneumonia (84 +/- 7%), in cold (62 ... +/- 25; that in upper lobar pneumonia is 330 +/- 55. In patients ...
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: molecular biology and its therapeutic intervention (re
Mar 09, 1992
... been the prophylactic treatment of Pneumocystic Carinii Pneumonia (PCP) with either aerosolized ...
- [AIDS--Crohn disease as a diagnostic error. Case report]
Oct 08, 1986
... in the follow of a pneumocystitis carinii pneumonia. The cause of the ...
- Biology of disease and clinical aspects of AIDS-associated lymphoma: a review.
East Afr Med J
Sep 22, 1994
... therapy, antiretroviral therapy, anti-pneumocystic Carini pneumonia, prophylaxis of CNS spread and ...
- [Pulmonary microcalcification with miliary foreign-body granulomas. Residuals of cured Pne
Aug 15, 2000
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is one of the ... differentially diagnosed. After cautious decalcification, pneumocysts can be demonstrated with methamine ...
- Epidemiology and clinical characteristics of HIV-infected patients in Kuala Lumpur.
Med J Malaysia
Sep 14, 2000
... events were tuberculosis infection and Pneumocystic carinii pneumonia occurring in 37 (56 ...
- Postmortem pathology of opportunistic infection in a HIV positive patient--a case report.
Indian J Pathol Microbiol
Nov 18, 2005
... liver and brain. Pneumocysts carini (P. carini) induced pneumonia in lungs, disseminated ...
- Assessing Quality of Primary Care Provided to the HIV-Infected Ryan White Population in the Baltimore Eligible Metropolitan Area.
Am J Med Qual
Nov 12, 2008
... , highly active antiretroviral treatment, pneumocystitis carinii pneumonia and mycobacterium avium complex prophylaxis ...
- Leukotriene B4 and interleukin-8 in human immunodeficiency virus-related pulmonary disease
Oct 06, 1993
... pathogenesis of lung injury in Pneumocystic carinii pneumonia and nonspecific interstitial pneumonitis ... corticosteroid therapy in P carinii pneumonia and the observation that bronchoalveolar ... -positive patients with P carinii pneumonia. MEASUREMENTS AND RESULTS: BAL leukotriene ...
- Fluorescence of Pneumocystis carinii in Papanicolaou smears.
Nov 19, 1984
... smears were from patients with Pneumocystic carinii pneumonia in whom the acquired ...
- Survival benefits of pulmonary cellular activation in AIDS patients with Pneumocystis infe
South Med J
Jun 12, 1997
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is the most common ... presence of proliferating cells and pneumocystic cysts. A significant association was ...
- Presentation of AIDS-related pulmonary Kaposi's sarcoma diagnosed by bronchoscopy.
Am J Respir Crit Care Med
Jun 10, 1996
... . Patients with a concurrent opportunistic pneumonia had a higher median serum ... cystic spaces usually indicated concomitant Pneumocystitis carinii pneumonia (p < 0.001). Twenty ... the suspicion of concurrent opportunistic pneumonia. The diagnosis of pulmonary KS ...
- [Spectrum, clinical features, diagnosis of opportunistic and comorbid pathology in HIV-infected patients admitted to infection hospital of Moscow]
Jan 15, 2009
... infection were bacterial bronchitis or pneumonia, hepatic pathology (chronic viral hepatitides ... .1%), cerebral toxoplasmosis (9.2%), pneumocystic pneumonia (5.5%). The number of ...
- [Lung pathology in HIV-associated infections]
Feb 19, 2009
... , as well as bacterial pneumonias, cytomegalovirus infection, pneumocystic pneumonia, cryptococcosis, and non-tuberculous ...
- Pneumothorax in AIDS: case reviews and proposed clinical management.
Jan 14, 1997
... patients, 10 had previously had Pneumocystic carinii pneumonia (PCP), whilst all 12 ...
- Local antibodies against Pneumocystis carinii in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid.
Eur Respir J
Jul 20, 1994
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a frequent cause of pneumonia among human ... . Immunoglobulin A (IgA) antibodies against pneumocysts were found with the same ...
- Antibodies to Pneumocystis carinii in Danish blood donors and AIDS patients with and witho
Dec 28, 1993
... 1) 8 AIDS patients with Pneumocystitis carinii pneumonia, 2) 13 HIV antibody ... , all 13 without Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia, and 3) 36 healthy male ...
- Prophylaxis of opportunistic infections in adults and children with HIV infection.
AIDS Inst Newsl
Dec 09, 1996
... treatments are recommended include tuberculosis, Pneumocystitis carinii pneumonia (PCP), and toxoplasmosis. Treatment ...