mortality-AIDS and HIV research citations
Annotated publication timeline
x-axis represents time, y-axis represents article importance (citation-based)
- Declining morbidity and mortality among patients with advanced human immunodeficiency viru
N Engl J Med
Mar 26, 1998
... , marked reductions in morbidity and mortality associated with the acquired immunodeficiency ... 1994 through June 1997. RESULTS: Mortality among the patients declined from ... stepwise reductions in morbidity and mortality. Combination antiretroviral therapy was associated ...
- Increasing mortality due to end-stage liver disease in patients with human immunodeficienc
Clin Infect Dis
Feb 22, 2001
... human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-associated mortality; other comorbidities, such as chronic ...
- Effect of antiretroviral therapy on liver-related mortality in patients with HIV and hepat
Dec 03, 2003
... , we studied liver-related mortality and overall mortality in 285 patients who ... , n=137). FINDINGS: Liver-related mortality rates were 0.45, 0 ... -Meier analysis of liver-related mortality confirmed the significant survival benefit ... reduced long-term liver-related mortality in our patients. This survival ...
- Contribution of major diseases to disparities in mortality.
N Engl J Med
Nov 14, 2002
BACKGROUND: Mortality from all causes is higher ... diseases in the case of mortality among persons with fewer years ... trauma in the case of mortality among black persons. These findings ... to reduce existing disparities in mortality rates.
- HIV-1, hepatitis B virus, and risk of liver-related mortality in the Multicenter Cohort St
Dec 20, 2002
... -term studies on liver-disease mortality in coinfected people have been ... ), which we ascertained at baseline. Mortality rates were estimated in terms ... coinfected individuals, the liver-related mortality rate was highest with lower ... increased risk for liver-related mortality, underscoring the importance of prevention ...
- Hepatitis C virus infection-related morbidity and mortality among patients with human immu
Clin Infect Dis
Jun 21, 2001
... immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Morbidity and mortality were compared among 263 patients ... infection causes increased morbidity and mortality in patients with HIV infection ...
- Peginterferon Alfa-2a plus ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C virus infection in HIV-infect
N Engl J Med
Jul 29, 2004
... associated with substantial morbidity and mortality among persons infected with the ...
- Effect of combination therapy including protease inhibitors on mortality among children an
N Engl J Med
Nov 07, 2001
... initiation were not statistically significant. Mortality declined from 5.3 percent ... was independently associated with reduced mortality (hazard ratio for death, 0 ... protease inhibitors has markedly reduced mortality among children and adolescents infected ...
- Changing patterns of mortality across Europe in patients infected with HIV-1. EuroSIDA Stu
Dec 22, 1998
... led to reports of falling mortality rates among people infected with ... examined the change in these mortality rates of HIV-1-infected ... , 1215 patients had died. The mortality rate from March to September ... proportion of the reduction in mortality could be explained by new ...
- Trends in mortality due to invasive mycotic diseases in the United States, 1980-1997.
Clin Infect Dis
Aug 07, 2001
To determine national trends in mortality due to invasive mycoses, we ... ] mortality) increased from 1557 to 6534. In addition, rates of MC mortality ...
- Mortality from liver cancer and liver disease in haemophilic men and boys in UK given bloo
Dec 12, 1997
... the long-term effects on mortality of such infection. METHODS: We ... : Based on death-certificate information, mortality was 16.7 times higher ... haemophilia, age-standardised all-cause mortality was stable during 1969-84 ... , the increase in all-cause mortality resulted largely from deaths attributed ...
- Early Antiretroviral Therapy and Mortality among HIV-Infected Infants.
N Engl J Med
Nov 20, 2008
... infection contributes significantly to infant mortality. We investigated antiretroviral-treatment strategies ... antiretroviral therapy reduced early infant mortality by 76% and HIV progression ...
- Reduction in mortality with availability of antiretroviral therapy for children with perin
Jul 25, 2000
... introduction of combined antiretroviral therapy, mortality rates in adults with human ... of antiretroviral therapy on decreasing mortality in perinatally HIV-infected children ...
- Mortality of urban aboriginal adults in Canada, 1991-2001.
Prev Chronic Dis
Dec 16, 2010
... Canadian census mortality follow-up study, our study tracked mortality to December ... Aboriginal men and women, respectively. Mortality rate ratios for urban Aboriginal ... , North American Indians, age-standardized mortality rates, mortality rate, life expectancy.
- Efficacy of trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole prophylaxis to decrease morbidity and mortality
May 25, 1999
... in Africa and, consequently, high mortality. We assessed the safety and ... in decrease of morbidity and mortality. METHODS: Between October, 1995, and ... well tolerated and significantly decreased mortality and hospital admission rates. Our ...
- Increased mortality and AIDS-like immunopathology in wild chimpanzees infected with SIVcpz.
Jul 23, 2009
... and had a higher infant mortality rate than uninfected females. Immunohistochemistry ...
- The empirical evidence for the impact of HIV on adult mortality in the developing world: d
Aug 20, 2004
... African countries indicate rapidly rising mortality levels in the 1990s, only ... bias and mortality rates in uninfected persons. MORTALITY RATES: Mortality rates for uninfected ... and 15-25 times the mortality rates of uninfected men and ... impact of HIV on adult mortality in developing countries has been ...
- Clinical progression, survival, and immune recovery during antiretroviral therapy in patie
Dec 14, 2000
... contribution to the morbidity and mortality of coinfected patients who receive ... factors in the morbidity and mortality among HIV-1-infected patients ...
- Changing spectrum of mortality due to human immunodeficiency virus: analysis of 260 deaths
Clin Infect Dis
Apr 24, 2001
... infection increased. The spectrum of mortality in HIV disease has changed ... the etiologies of HIV-associated mortality and to better our understanding ...
- Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular events in patients treated for human immunodeficiency v
N Engl J Med
Feb 20, 2003
... large benefit in terms of mortality that was not diminished by ... or cerebrovascular events or related mortality. Fear of accelerated vascular disease ...
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy decreases mortality and morbidity in patients with ad
Ann Intern Med
Jul 03, 2001
BACKGROUND: Mortality and morbidity related to AIDS ... support an independent reduction in mortality and opportunistic events attributable to ...
- Treatment Failure and Mortality Factors in Patients Receiving Second-Line HIV Therapy in Resource-Limited Countries.
Jul 19, 2010
... or virological failure) rates, and mortality after 6 months of second ... vs 18 or more months. Mortality for those taking second-line ... -line regimens, and poor adherence. Mortality was associated with diagnosed treatment ...
- Infection with GB virus C and reduced mortality among HIV-infected patients.
N Engl J Med
Aug 24, 2001
... GBV-C viremia with reduced mortality remained significant in analyses stratified ... is associated with a reduced mortality rate in HIV-infected patients ...
- Effect of breastfeeding on mortality among HIV-1 infected women: a randomised trial.
Jun 26, 2001
... , or end of study. FINDINGS: Mortality among mothers was higher in ...
- Combination antiretroviral therapy and recent declines in AIDS incidence and mortality.
J Infect Dis
Mar 30, 1999
... declines in AIDS incidence and mortality may include advances in treatment ... the declines in AIDS and mortality may, in part, stem from ...
- Cytomegalovirus viremia, mortality, and end-organ disease among patients with AIDS receivi
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
Mar 28, 2005
... significantly and independently associated with mortality. Detectable plasma CMV DNA PCR ... hybrid capture did not predict mortality. The CMV assays neither collectively ... the risk of all cause-mortality beyond that obtained with CD4 ...
- Rates of disease progression by baseline CD4 cell count and viral load after initiating tr
Nov 27, 2001
... , 1999. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: Cumulative mortality rates from the initiation of ... , for a crude AIDS-related mortality rate of 6.7%. The ... estimate (SE) of the cumulative mortality rate at 12 months was ... were associated with mortality. There was no difference in mortality by age ...
- Effect of nitazoxanide on morbidity and mortality in Zambian children with cryptosporidios
Nov 08, 2002
... and is associated with increased mortality, but there is no effective ... antiparasitic drug-on morbidity and mortality in Zambian children with diarrhoea ... response by day 10 and mortality at day 8. Analysis was ... of diarrhoea, parasitological eradication, and mortality in HIV-seronegative, but not ...
- Changes in the risk of death after HIV seroconversion compared with mortality in the general population.
Jul 02, 2008
... population. DESIGN, SETTING, AND POPULATION: Mortality following HIV seroconversion in a ... (CASCADE) was compared with expected mortality, calculated by applying general population ... -2006. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: Excess mortality among HIV-infected individuals compared ...
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on mortality and household mobility in rural Tanzania.
Oct 15, 2001
... of the AIDS epidemic on mortality and household mobility before and ... aged 15-44 years. RESULTS: Mortality rates among HIV-infected adults ... associated with HIV/AIDS. The mortality probability between 15 and 60 ... having substantial impact on adult mortality. A common response to death ...
- Referral to an Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Center and Mortality Among Patients With Severe 2009 Influenza A(H1N1).
Oct 06, 2011
... .Objective To compare the hospital mortality of patients with H1N1-related ... using GenMatch matching. The hospital mortality rate was 23.7% for ... was associated with lower hospital mortality compared with matched non-ECMO ...
- Adult and child malaria mortality in India: a nationally representative mortality survey.
Oct 25, 2010
... estimate plausible ranges of malaria mortality in India, the most populous ...
- Effect of breastfeeding and formula feeding on transmission of HIV-1: a randomized clinica
Mar 09, 2000
... risk of formula-associated diarrheal mortality in developing countries is unknown ... to HIV-1 infection or mortality end points: 83% for the ... point and 93% to the mortality end point. The cumulative probability ... of exposure. The 2-year mortality rates in both arms were ...
- Implications of mortality transition for primary health care in rural South Africa: a population-based surveillance study.
Sep 15, 2008
... investigate the dynamics of the mortality transition by comparing the period ... -05 with 1992-94. FINDINGS: Mortality from chronic non-communicable disease ... years. Since then, all-cause mortality increased substantially (risk ratio 1 ... .55]; p=0.0003). INTERPRETATION: Mortality from non-communicable disease remains ...
- Morbidity and mortality in breastfed and formula-fed infants of HIV-1-infected women: A ra
Nov 19, 2001
... : To compare morbidity, nutritional status, mortality adjusted for HIV-1 status ... the analysis of morbidity and mortality. INTERVENTIONS: Mothers were randomly assigned ... ) their infants. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Mortality rates, adjusted for HIV-1 ... life. RESULTS: Two-year estimated mortality rates among infants were similar ...
- High risk of HIV-related mortality is associated with selenium deficiency.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol
Oct 28, 1997
... relative risk for HIV-related mortality. Immune parameters and nutrients known ... associated with HIV-1-related mortality independent of CD4 cell counts ... .002) were significantly associated with mortality. These results indicate that selenium ...
- Progress towards Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5 on maternal and child mortality: an updated systematic analysis.
Sep 22, 2011
... under-5 mortality. We use an improved model for estimating mortality by age under 5 years. For maternal mortality, our ... the child mortality rate in the past decade. Maternal mortality has also ... on reducing maternal and child mortality in most countries is accelerating ...
- Worldwide mortality in men and women aged 15-59 years from 1970 to 2010: a systematic analysis.
May 03, 2010
... with missing data. FINDINGS: Adult mortality varied substantially across countries and ... 2010, substantial increases in adult mortality occurred in sub-Saharan Africa ... a striking decline in female mortality in south Asia. INTERPRETATION: The ... survival. Routine monitoring of adult mortality should be given much greater ...
- Increased educational attainment and its effect on child mortality in 175 countries between 1970 and 2009: a systematic analysis.
Sep 20, 2010
... education to reductions in child mortality in the past 40 years ... investigated the association between child mortality and women's educational attainment ... computed counterfactual estimates of child mortality for every country year between ...
- Global patterns of mortality in young people: a systematic analysis of population health data.
Sep 14, 2009
... worldwide rates and patterns of mortality between early adolescence and young ... . Worldwide rates and patterns of mortality were investigated by WHO region ... southeast Asia. Pronounced rises in mortality rates were recorded from early ... maternal mortality, are an important but insufficient response to prevent mortality in ...
- Maternal mortality for 181 countries, 1980-2008: a systematic analysis of progress towards Millennium Development Goal 5.
Apr 12, 2010
... rates and trends in maternal mortality is essential for resource mobilisation ... 75% reduction in the maternal mortality ratio (MMR) from 1990 to ... levels and trends in maternal mortality for 181 countries. METHODS: We ... of 2651 observations of maternal mortality for 181 countries for 1980 ...
- Increasing cancer mortality among opioid-dependent persons in Australia: a new public health challenge for a disadvantaged population.
Aust N Z J Public Health
Jun 01, 2011
Objective: To examine cancer mortality in a population-based cohort ... Index. Crude and standardised mortality rates and standardised mortality ratios (SMRs) were calculated. Results: The crude cancer mortality rate ...
- Excess mortality due to pneumonia or influenza during influenza seasons among persons with
Arch Intern Med
Feb 22, 2001
... -level impact of influenza on mortality in persons with AIDS. METHODS ... with AIDS have significant excess mortality due to pneumonia or influenza ...
- The relation between resource use and in-hospital mortality for patients with acquired imm
Arch Intern Med
Aug 13, 1990
... a markedly lower in-hospital mortality rate for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia ...
- Child mortality and HIV infection in Africa: a review.
Aug 20, 2004
... HIV-negative women, respectively. Child mortality estimates from community-based cohorts ... mortality rates than the children of uninfected mothers, and that child mortality ... generalized epidemics, reliable age-specific mortality rates in infected and uninfected ...
- Population-level effect of HIV on adult mortality and early evidence of reversal after introduction of antiretroviral therapy in Malawi.
May 12, 2008
... demographic surveillance system to measure mortality in a population of 32 ... population under surveillance. Trends in mortality were analysed by age, sex ... near the main road, where mortality before antiretroviral therapy was highest ... before and after antiretroviral therapy). Mortality in adults aged 60 years ...
- Increasing impact of chronic viral hepatitis on hospital admissions and mortality among HI
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses
Nov 15, 2001
- Every death counts: use of mortality audit data for decision making to save the lives of mothers, babies, and children in South Africa.
Apr 14, 2008
... health-related Millennium Development Goals. Mortality in children younger than 5 ... increased, whereas maternal and neonatal mortality remain constant. This situation indicates ...
- Reduction in overdose mortality after the opening of North America's first medically supervised safer injecting facility: a retrospective population-based study.
Apr 18, 2011
... a leading cause of premature mortality in North America. Internationally, more ... in overdose mortality. METHODS: We examined population-based overdose mortality rates for ...
- Influenza-associated morbidity and mortality in young and middle-aged women.
Mar 18, 1999
... : To quantify serious morbidity and mortality from influenza for women younger ... years. The estimated annual excess mortality due to influenza was 2 ... conditions experience substantial morbidity and mortality from acute cardiopulmonary events during ...
- Maternal mortality: who, when, where, and why.
Oct 02, 2006
... Development Goal to reduce maternal mortality by 75% between 1990 and ... managed to reduce their maternal mortality during the past 25 years ...
- Marked declines in human immunodeficiency virus-related mortality in Chicago in women, Afr
Arch Intern Med
Feb 22, 2000
... human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-related mortality between 1995 and 1996 were ... comprehensive analysis describing HIV-related mortality in 1997 was available. OBJECTIVE ... Chicago. CONCLUSIONS: The HIV-related mortality has fallen dramatically in Chicago ...
- Trends in infectious disease mortality in the United States during the 20th century.
Jan 21, 1999
... by using mortality tables. Trends in age-specific infectious disease mortality were ... and age-adjusted mortality rates. RESULTS: Infectious disease mortality declined during the ... tuberculosis mortality dropped off sharply after 1945. Infectious disease mortality increased in ...
- Cardiac dysfunction and mortality in HIV-infected children: The Prospective P2C2 HIV Multi
Sep 29, 2000
... function independently predict all-cause mortality in HIV-infected children. METHODS ... structure and function predictive of mortality after adjustment for other important ... mortality was also examined. The 5-year cumulative survival was 64%. Mortality ... thickness are risk factors for mortality in HIV-infected children independent ...
- WBC-containing allogeneic blood transfusion and mortality: a meta-analysis of randomized c
Jun 25, 2003
... allogeneic blood transfusion (ABT) and mortality was reported by one team ... retrieved. Fourteen studies had recorded mortality as a primary or secondary ... ABT and mortality across 14 RCTs reporting on short-term mortality (summary ... showed no difference in mortality, but short-term mortality differed across 3 ...
- Mortality of HIV-1-infected patients in the first year of antiretroviral therapy: comparis
Mar 13, 2006
... (76%vs 77%) were similar. Mortality was higher in low-income ... adjusted hazard ratio (HR) of mortality comparing low-income with high ... settings was associated with lower mortality (adjusted HR 0.23; 95 ... resource-poor settings have increased mortality rates in the first months ...
- Mortality before and after HIV infection in the complete UK population of haemophiliacs. U
Oct 04, 1995
- Declining HIV/AIDS mortality in New York City.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
May 13, 1999
... describe trends in HIV/AIDS mortality from 1983 through June 30 ... available. The slowing in the mortality decline observed in 1998, however ...
- Mortality in a cohort of street youth in Montreal.
Aug 04, 2004
... on mortality among these youth are sparse. OBJECTIVES: To estimate mortality rate ... investigators to add mortality to the study objectives. Mortality data were obtained ... identified as independent predictors of mortality. CONCLUSIONS: Current heavy substance use ...
- Alternatives to HIV-1 RNA concentration and CD4 count to predict mortality in HIV-1-infect
Nov 21, 2003
... (haematocrit), and serum albumin for mortality in 376 HIV-1-infected ... (p=0.0107) independently predicted mortality. Further assessment of these markers ...
- Global epidemiology of tuberculosis. Morbidity and mortality of a worldwide epidemic.
Jan 30, 1995
... estimates of tuberculosis incidence and mortality in the world. The highest ...
- Changes in mortality related to human immunodeficiency virus infection: comparative analys
Clin Infect Dis
Apr 09, 2003
... be a major cause of mortality in the HAART era in ...
- Mortality in HIV-infected Ugandan adults receiving antiretroviral treatment and survival o
Mar 03, 2008
... ART programme in Uganda on mortality, hospital admissions, and orphanhood in ... of ART and co-trimoxazole, mortality in HIV-infected participants was ... <0.0001), 81% reduction in mortality in their uninfected children younger ... -trimoxazole prophylaxis could substantially reduce mortality and orphanhood among adults with ...
- Mortality rates and causes of death in a cohort of HIV-infected and uninfected women, 1993
J Urban Health
Jan 07, 2004
... hazard ratios were calculated for mortality risk factors. In the 885 ... ever using HAART, HIV-related mortality rates did decline, particularly in ... .02) were strong predictors of mortality, but were not significant in ... this population offset improvements in mortality from declining numbers of deaths ...
- Increased mortality associated with vitamin A deficiency during human immunodeficiency vir
Arch Intern Med
Oct 19, 1993
... deficiency was associated with increased mortality (relative risk = 6.3; 95 ... CD4 T cells and increased mortality. Vitamin A is an essential ...
- Projections of AIDS morbidity and mortality in San Francisco.
Apr 03, 1990
... -risk populations. We projected AIDS mortality by applying Kaplan-Meier estimates ...
- Evidence of AIDS-related mortality in Mumbai, India.
Oct 28, 1999
... quickly.Evidence for AIDS-related mortality in Mumbai, India, is presented ... -54 year olds. The increasing mortality over the years is significant ...
- High mortality rates among patients with tuberculosis in Bangui, Central African Republic.
Nov 26, 1997
... was not linked to increased mortality.
- Increased Black-White Disparities in Mortality After the Introduction of Lifesaving Innovations: A Possible Consequence of US Federal Laws.
Am J Public Health
Sep 24, 2010
... on disparities in Black-White mortality in the United States. Methods ... -, and race-specific changes in mortality after the introduction of highly ... . Results. Disparities in Black-White mortality from HIV significantly increased after ... increased disparities in Black-White mortality by inadvertently favoring Whites with ...
- Effect of co-trimoxazole prophylaxis on morbidity, mortality, CD4-cell count, and viral lo
Oct 18, 2004
... of such prophylaxis on morbidity, mortality, CD4-cell count, and viral ... with a 46% reduction in mortality (hazard ratio 0.54 [95 ... associated with reduced morbidity and mortality and had beneficial effects on ...
- Mortality due to liver failure and impact on survival of hepatitis virus infections in HIV
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis
Dec 03, 2002
... the causes of death, the mortality attributable to liver failure, and ... study to report changes in mortality due to liver failure was ... was present in 323 (68%). Mortality attributable to AIDS decreased from ... per 100 persons per year. Mortality due to liver failure increased ...
- Influence of coinfection with hepatitis C virus on morbidity and mortality due to human im
Clin Infect Dis
Jan 22, 2003
... antiretroviral therapy (HAART), we examined mortality rates, the presence of other ...
- The relation between hospital experience and mortality for patients with AIDS.
Dec 03, 1992
... there is an association between mortality and hospital acquired immune deficiency ... were (1) inpatient mortality and (2) 30-day mortality. Length of stay ... hospitals inpatient mortality was 13.2%. Relative risk of mortality at low ... < .05). CONCLUSIONS--We conclude that mortality of AIDS patients is higher ...
- The relationship between delayed or incomplete treatment and all-cause mortality in patien
Nov 01, 1996
... Index. RESULTS: Cumulative all-cause mortality by October 1994 was 44 ... most important baseline predictors of mortality, adjusted for baseline clinical and ... , 0.3-0.9). CONCLUSIONS: Mortality from tuberculosis was high, even ... died. Multidrug resistance predicted higher mortality, and treatment completion was associated ...
- HIV mortality and infection in India: estimates from nationally representative mortality survey of 1.1 million homes.
Feb 24, 2010
... 2003. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: HIV mortality and infection. RESULTS: HIV accounted ... prevalence and in men. The mortality results imply an HIV prevalence ... million for 2006. All cause mortality increased in men aged 25 ... 2000 and 2007. Thus, HIV mortality and prevalence may have fallen ...
- Vitamin A supplements for preventing mortality, illness, and blindness in children aged under 5: systematic review and meta-analysis.
Aug 26, 2011
... is associated with reductions in mortality and morbidity in children aged ... . Meta-analyses were performed for mortality, illness, vision, and side effects ... reported a 28% reduction in mortality associated with diarrhoea (0.72 ... associated with large reductions in mortality, morbidity, and vision problems in ...
- Mortality, CD4 cell count decline, and depressive symptoms among HIV-seropositive women: l
Mar 20, 2001
... of depression on morbidity and mortality among women with human immunodeficiency ... depressive symptoms with HIV-related mortality and decline in CD4 lymphocyte ... . MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: HIV-related mortality and CD4 cell count slope ... 10(6)/L, HIV-related mortality rates were 54% for those ...
- A randomized trial of the impact of multiple micronutrient supplementation on mortality am
Nov 05, 2003
... the micronutrients arm with the mortality hazard ratios [95% confidence interval ...
- Impact of HIV infection on mortality in a cohort of injection drug users.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
Nov 14, 2001
... among that population. We tracked mortality and recorded detailed causes of ... administers a detailed semistructured questionnaire. Mortality was recorded during follow-up ... , 22 (34%) were HIV related. Mortality was associated with older age ...
- Predictors of mortality among HIV-infected women in Kigali, Rwanda.
Ann Intern Med
Feb 25, 1992
... 7%). Independent baseline predictors of mortality in seropositive women by Cox ... laboratory variables as predictors of mortality from AIDS. The researchers did ... the study. After 2 years, mortality among HIV-infected women stood ... cases. The baseline predictors of mortality in HIV-infected women in ...
- Mortality in the Swiss HIV Cohort Study (SHCS) and the Swiss general population.
Sep 18, 2003
... obtain life insurance. We measured mortality rates in the Swiss HIV ...
- Cause-specific mortality patterns among hospital deaths in Thailand: validating routine death certification.
Popul Health Metr
May 20, 2010
... used to estimate cause-specific mortality patterns for hospital deaths in ... data. Estimates of cause-specific mortality from this research will inform ... guide interventions to reduce avoidable mortality in hospitals in Thailand.
- 9-year HIV-2-associated mortality in an urban community in Bissau, west Africa.
Apr 25, 1997
... had twice as high mortality as uninfected individuals (mortality ratio 2.32 [1.18-4.57]); the mortality ratio ... -associated mortality is not increasing with length of follow-up. Mortality in ... -2 associated mortality did not increase over time and mortality in HIV ...
- Suicide and HIV infection. Mortality follow-up of 4147 HIV-seropositive military service a
Dec 19, 1996
... Death Index was searched for mortality among 4147 HIV-positive military ...
- Impact of the human immunodeficiency virus epidemic on mortality in women of reproductive
Jul 24, 1990
... human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) on mortality in US women 15 to ... 1987) and provisional (1988) national mortality statistics. Between 1985 and 1988 ... %), and anemias (4%). If current mortality trends continue, HIV/AIDS can ... AIDS mortality in women forecast the impact of HIV on mortality in ...
- The relation between hospital experience and in-hospital mortality for patients with AIDS-
Jun 09, 1989
... -hospital mortality rate was observed. However, a markedly lower in-hospital mortality ... significantly associated with in-hospital mortality included intensive care unit use ... experience remained significantly related to mortality. Our findings suggest that policymakers ...
- Cardiac morbidity and related mortality in children with HIV infection.
Jun 22, 1993
... .6 years. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES--Mortality (related to cardiac dysfunction as ... < .001). CONCLUSIONS--Cardiac morbidity and mortality are more common with advanced ...
- Role of co-trimoxazole prophylaxis in reducing mortality in HIV infected adults being treated for tuberculosis: randomised clinical trial.
Jul 11, 2008
... oral co-trimoxazole in reducing mortality in HIV positive Zambian adults ... : Prophylaxis with co-trimoxazole reduces mortality in HIV infected adults with ...
- Mortality of infected and uninfected infants born to HIV-infected mothers in Africa: a poo
Oct 06, 2004
... : HIV contributes substantially to child mortality, but factors underlying these deaths ... at acquisition of infection on mortality assessed with Cox proportional hazards ... uninfected children. In infected children, mortality was significantly lower for those ...
- Intermittent use of triple-combination therapy is predictive of mortality at baseline and
Apr 15, 2002
... OUTCOME MEASURE: Cumulative all-cause mortality rates from the start of ... , 106 subjects had died. Cumulative mortality was 3.9% (+/- 0.5 ... drugs were associated with increased mortality with risk ratios of 1 ... therapy was associated with increased mortality.
- Aetiology, outcome, and risk factors for mortality among adults with acute pneumonia in Ke
May 02, 2000
... , to estimate mortality at convalescence, and to analyse mortality risk-factors. METHODS ... , risk or protective factors for mortality were age (odds ratio 1 ... 52%, was not associated with mortality. Death or failure to recover ... management will fail to decrease mortality associated with socioeconomic, educational, and ...
- Mortality and causes of death in adults receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy in
May 12, 2006
... :: An observational prospective cohort. METHODS:: Mortality was assessed in the first ... :: This study underlines the early mortality pattern after HAART initiation and ...
- Prevalence of and mortality from human immunodeficiency virus type 2 in Bissau, West Afric
May 18, 1989
... days, there was an excess mortality for HIV-2 seropositives. The ...
- Two-year HIV-1-associated mortality in a Ugandan rural population.
May 19, 1994
The mortality in 15 villages in South- ... ,725 person years of observation. Mortality among seronegative adults was 7 ... .9 per 1000. Highest excess mortality was 16.9 per 1000 ... -1 infection is having on mortality in a rural area of ...
- Black White Mortality From HIV-Disease Before and After Introduction of HAART in 1996.
Am J Public Health
Aug 31, 2007
... male mortality ratios (disparities) in 140 counties with reliable Black mortality for ... significant predictor of Black:White mortality rate ratio after we controlled ... pre-HAART mortality. Contextual SES, race, and pre-HAART mortality were all significant and independent predictors of mortality among ...
- Mortality of urban Aboriginal adults in Canada, 1991-2001.
Chronic Dis Can
Dec 23, 2010
... Canadian census mortality follow-up study, our study tracked mortality to December ... Aboriginal men and women, respectively. Mortality rate ratios for urban Aboriginal ... , urban Aboriginal adults had higher mortality rates compared to other urban ... fill a data gap on mortality information of urban Aboriginal people ...
- A randomized trial of multivitamin supplements and HIV disease progression and mortality.
N Engl J Med
Jul 01, 2004
- A trial of a 9-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in children with and those without HI
N Engl J Med
Oct 02, 2003
... leading cause of morbidity and mortality in young children. We evaluated ...
- Progression to AIDS, a clinical AIDS condition and mortality: psychosocial and physiologic
Sep 06, 2002
... . AIDS, clinical AIDS condition and mortality). Cox regression models with time ...
- Effect of earlier initiation of antiretroviral treatment and increased treatment coverage on HIV-related mortality in China: a national observational cohort study.
Lancet Infect Dis
May 23, 2011
... this analysis we assess overall mortality in treatment-eligible adults with ... therapy between 1985 and 2009. Mortality rates were calculated in terms ... declared eligible for treatment. Overall mortality decreased from 39쨌3 per ... risk factors for HIV-related mortality were not receiving highly active ...