PML-AIDS and HIV research citations
Annotated publication timeline
x-axis represents time, y-axis represents article importance (citation-based)
- Cytoplasmic recruitment of INI1 and PML on incoming HIV preintegration complexes: interfer
Jun 29, 2001
... of the nuclear body constituent PML. We further show that the ... . In the presence of arsenic, PML is sequestered in the nucleus ...
- Recruitment of human cyclin T1 to nuclear bodies through direct interaction with the PML p
May 02, 2003
... vivo with the promyelocytic leukaemia (PML) protein within specific subnuclear compartments that are coincident with PML nuclear bodies. Deletion mutants at ... together these results suggest that PML proteins regulate Tat- mediated transcriptional ...
- The tumor suppressor protein PML controls apoptosis induced by the HIV-1 envelope.
Cell Death Differ
Nov 21, 2008
... of specific inhibitors of PML (the oncogenic PML/RARalpha fusion product or ... that, in Env-elicited syncytia, PML was required for activating phosphorylation ... topoisomerase IIbeta-binding protein 1. PML knockdown thus inhibited the ATM ... could be suppressed by inhibiting PML. Altogether, these data indicate that ...
- AIDS-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML): comparison to non-AIDS P
Jul 26, 1990
... (AIDS) and progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) by in situ hybridization with ... the same fashion from 10 PML patients without AIDS. The pathology ... was similar to non-AIDS PML except for minor differences in ... technique for the confirmation of PML in AIDS.
- Cortical demyelination in PML and MS: Similarities and differences.
Oct 04, 2007
... (MS) and progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). METHODS: Autopsy brain tissue was ... pathologic changes in neurites in PML cortex. RESULTS: Leukocortical, intracortical, and ... -infected cells were associated with PML white matter, leukocortical and intracortical ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome
Pathol Res Pract
Jul 30, 1993
... differences to non-AIDS PML were found. PML in AIDS often showed ... cases. Perivascular mononuclear infiltrates within PML foci were frequent and obviously ... reasons for these peculiarities of PML in AIDS are discussed. In ... contributing to severity of PML in AIDS. PML has to be regarded ...
- PML-IRIS in patients with HIV infection. Clinical manifestations and treatment with steroids.
Jan 08, 2009
... patients with PML-IRIS, 36 developed PML and IRIS simultaneously (PML-s-IRIS ... 18 had worsening of preexisting PML (PML-d-IRIS) after the initiation of combined antiretroviral therapy. PML-IRIS developed between 1 week ... after initiation of antiretroviral therapy. PML-d-IRIS patients developed IRIS ...
- Adaptive mutations in the JC virus protein capsid are associated with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML).
Feb 06, 2009
... in viral sequences isolated from PML patients but not in sequences ... VP1 sequences isolated from 55 PML patients and 253 sequences isolated ... amino acids found exclusively among PML VP1 sequences is acquired via ... suggest that a more virulent PML causing phenotype of JC virus ...
- From Clinical Presentation to the Outcome: the Natural History of PML in a Portuguese Population of HIV Infected Patients.
J Clin Med Res
Nov 01, 2011
... some non-published documents concerning PML in HIV infected patients in ... to characterize natural history of PML infection in a population of ... advanced immunocompromise. MRI sensitivity to PML is high, and JCV DNA ... suspected when radiological findings suggest PML lesions even in previously healthy ...
- [Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in AIDS: morphological and topographical
Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol
Apr 23, 1992
15 autopsy cases of PML in AIDS are presented. Frequent findings were: Very large, confluent PML-lesions (7 cases), lesions with ... cases). In 9 cases additional PML-foci were seen in the ... regarding severity and topography of PML in AIDS, may be due ...
- Successful treatment of aids related PML with HAART and cidofovir.
Eur J Med Res
Jun 18, 2001
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) is a progressive demyelinating infection ... survival time of AIDS-related PML. Various case reports have described ... a patient with AIDS-related PML who improved under combined therapy ... the outcome of AIDS-related PML.
- [The inefficacy of zidovudine (AZT) in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) as
Rev Clin Esp
Jun 06, 1991
... presented a progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), diagnosed by CT scan, magnetic ... of infections, a progression of PML was clinically observed, as well ... . The inefficacy of zidovudine in PML associated to AIDS is discussed.
- Evolution of purely infratentorial PML under HAART-negative outcome under rapid immune rec
Clin Neurol Neurosurg
Oct 05, 2005
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) caused by the polyomavirus JC ... adverse events in patients with PML who begin HAART and show ... course of two patients with PML with purely infratentorial manifestation, whose ...
- Cytomorphology of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML): review of sixteen case
Dec 10, 1996
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) is a fatal demyelinating disorder ... preparations of 16 cases of PML, all occurring in HIV-positive ...
- HIV-associated PML presenting as epilepsia partialis continua.
J Neurol Sci
Mar 23, 1999
... manifestation of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). EPC occurred with no other ... electrophysiological findings for several weeks. PML represents an increasingly recognized cause ...
- [The etiological agent and pathogenicity mechanism of PML]
Aug 15, 2007
... agent of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) that occurs mainly in immunosuppressed ... examine the pathogenicity mechanism of PML.
- [CT and MRT in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)]
Aug 29, 1994
... symptoms, three different types of PML are suggested: 1. initial precentral ...
- Non-HIV-Related Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML): A Tertiary Cancer Center
Jan 22, 2007
... to have progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) by brain biopsy.
- Presence of JC virus-specific CTL in the cerebrospinal fluid of PML patients: rationale fo
Nov 14, 2005
... treatment for progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), caused by the polyomavirus JC ... the rationale for immunotherapy of PML, we explored whether JCV-specific ... 15 patients. RESULTS:: Of 11 PML patients with analyzable cerebrospinal fluid ... had an inactive course of PML and detectable JCV-specific CTL ...
- Update on PML: lessons from the HIV uninfected and new insights in pathogenesis and treatment.
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep
Jul 16, 2008
... understanding of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) and its causative agent, JC ... agents are critical in managing PML in HIV-negative patients. This ... brain biopsy-proven HIV-negative PML patients indicate the presence of ... . Future studies to better understand PML pathogenesis in HIV-negative individuals ...
- Investigation on the role of cell transcriptional factor Sp1 and HIV-1 TAT protein in PML
J Cell Physiol
Jul 04, 2005
... (JCV) causes progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), characterized by multiple areas of ... attendant loss of brain function. PML is often associated with immunodepression ... the onset or development of PML. Therefore, we evaluated by means ... and negative subjects both with PML and after sequencing, we analyzed ...
- [Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in chronic lymphatic leukemia (CLL). Rev
Sep 23, 2002
... after long-standing immunosuppression. Also, PML plays an important role as ... of survival in patients with PML in combination with chronic lymphatic ... a patient with CLL and PML. Clinical symptoms are slight hemiparesis ... positive results in treatment of PML in patients with AIDS, therapy ...
- Unmasking of PML by HAART: Unusual clinical features and the role of IRIS.
Dec 07, 2009
... therapy for progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), a viral-induced demyelinating disease ... patients with established PML. Because the onset of PML follows soon after ... clinic. Eight cases presented with PML symptoms within 6months of initiating ... (referred to hereafter as unmasked PML), six patients were diagnosed with ...
- Making inroads on PML.
GMHC Treat Issues
Jul 03, 1996
... of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) are discussed. How PML develops, diagnosis improvements ... . The most significant advances against PML may be the new treatments ... evidence of numerous patients with PML experiencing lesion remission after starting ...
- JC viral loads in crohn's disease patients treated with immunosuppression: can we screen for elevated risk of PML?
Apr 25, 2008
... risk of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) caused by reactivation of latent ... , screening for the risk of PML has not been developed. Methods ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) and cerebral toxoplasmosis in an adult pa
May 04, 1999
... coincidence of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) and central nervous system (CNS ... typical of both pathological processes. PML was characterized by the presence ... bizarre astrocytes, mimicking neoplastic cells. PML was confirmed by detecting numerous ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in AIDS and in the pre-AIDS era. A neurop
Acta Neuropathol (Berl)
Dec 04, 1990
... with possible, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), including six brains of AIDS ... method detected virus (96%). Possible PML tissue was never labeled. Labeling ... , in one case, unusually necrotizing PML damage; in the latter case ... papovavirus in fluorishing PML lesions. In burnt-out PML lesions only ISH ...
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML) Presenting as Intractable Dystonia in an
J Trop Pediatr
Jun 01, 2005
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) has been described in adult ... very unusual manifestation. In children, PML is very rare and often ...
- Topotecan and PML: the limits of pharmaceutical industry research.
Dec 12, 1996
... virus causes progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). SmithKline Beecham is planning to ... II placebo-controlled trials for PML. There is currently no known treatment for PML, although it sometimes responds to ...
- Stronger association of drug-induced progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) with biological immunomodulating agents.
Eur J Clin Pharmacol
Oct 19, 2009
... and/or drug immunosuppression in PML occurrence. METHODS: We searched for drug-induced PML cases in two international spontaneous ... groups more frequently involved in PML cases were monoclonal antibodies (MAbs ... found a strong relationship between PML and MAbs, especially when used ...
- The emergence of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in rheumatic diseases.
Jan 15, 2008
... classically associated with profound imunosuppression. PML is caused by reactivation of ... malignancies, and organ transplant recipients, PML became an AIDS-defining illness in the 1980s. PML has now emerged as a ... JC virus reactivation leading to PML. It is critical, therefore, to ...
- MRI pattern of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in AIDS. Pathological corr
Jun 13, 1991
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) is a demyelinating disease which ... remissions. The MRI criteria for PML therefore are reliable, provided multiple ...
- Cellular changes in the cerebellar granular layer in AIDS-associated PML.
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol
Feb 07, 1994
... AIDS-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) exhibited peculiar cellular changes in ... granular layer and always surrounded PML foci. An astrocytic, leukocytic or ...
- AIDS- and non-AIDS-related PML association with distinct p53 polymorphism.
Mar 28, 2000
... of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) showed PML frequencies of 5.1% among ... , but similar clinical features of PML in both groups. Sequencing of ... 72 in five of six PML patients. These findings indicate that ... non-AIDS- and AIDS-related PML differ markedly but p53 polymorphisms ...
- Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome associated with PML in AIDS: a treatable disor
Nov 14, 2006
- A progressive neurologic disorder with multiple CNS lesions: a neuroimaging clinicopathologic correlation. Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML).
Sep 25, 2008
- A comparison of the activity, sequence specificity, and CRM1-dependence of different nucle
Exp Cell Res
May 12, 2000
... > c-ABL > Ran-BP1 > FMRP > PML > IkappaB-alpha > hdm2). The weakest ...
Crit Path AIDS Proj
Feb 27, 1995
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) is a neurological syndrome that ... nerve fibers in the brain. PML, an often unrecognized AIDS complication ... , the only ongoing study of PML, has slowed the progression of the disease minutely. Reports on PML are beginning to emerge, including ...
- PML and a tale of two drug companies.
Apr 28, 1995
PML is a rare disease that ... there is no treatment for PML. However, Dr. Khalili at Thomas ... the best way to stop PML. The drug is in phase ... received compassionate use for two PML patients.
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML).
Proj Inf Perspect
Mar 18, 1999
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) is a disease which attacks ... a rapid demise in patients. PML is more likely to occur ... of HIV positive people with PML, as observed in several studies cited. In order to diagnose PML accurately, a brain biopsy or ...
- PML update.
Crit Path AIDS Proj
Jul 09, 1997
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) is caused by a virus ... white matter at various sites. PML affects two to four percent ...
- The changing pattern of HIV neuropathology in the HAART era.
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol
May 28, 2003
... incidence of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) and malignant non-Hodgkin lymphomas ... patients with severe immunodepression (CMVE, PML, and MNHL) decreased between 2000 ... HIVE as VZVE, toxoplasmosis, or PML, possibly associated with prolonged survival ...
- The human and African green monkey TRIM5alpha genes encode Ref1 and Lv1 retroviral restric
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
Jul 21, 2004
... the related promyelocytic leukemia protein PML specifically rescues infection by viruses ...
- Mirtazapine Use in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Patients With Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy.
Feb 10, 2009
... patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). OBJECTIVE: To report clinical and ... in HIV-positive patients with PML. DESIGN: Case series. SETTING: Outpatient ... Four HIV-positive patients with PML. INTERVENTIONS: Mirtazapine use, 15 mg ... received mirtazapine therapy closest to PML symptom onset. Mirtazapine use was ...
- Differential expression of mRNAs for JC virus large and small tumor antigens in brain tiss
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
Sep 14, 1994
... (JCV) causes progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), the fatal demyelinating infection of ... mRNAs in brain tissues from PML patients with and without AIDS ... depending upon the association of PML with AIDS and upon other ... %) brain samples from patients with PML alone showed detectable levels of ...
- JC virus enters human glial cells by clathrin-dependent receptor-mediated endocytosis.
Nov 03, 2000
... known as progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). PML occurs predominantly in immunosuppressed patients ...
- Inflammatory reaction in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: harmful or beneficial
Apr 23, 2003
... lymphoplasmocytic infiltrates, inflammatory forms of PML have been described, in both ... -seronegative (HIV-) patients. In addition, PML has been shown to develop ... characteristics of inflammatory forms of PML, the authors performed a retrospective ... indicate that inflammatory reactions in PML are not infrequent, and that ...
- Activities of various compounds against murine and primate polyomaviruses.
Antimicrob Agents Chemother
Jun 02, 1997
... , e.g., progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), caused by JCV, in AIDS ... 40 (SV40), SV40 PML-1, and SV40 PML-2. The activity of ...
- Trans-activation of the JC virus late promoter by the tat protein of type 1 human immunode
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
Jun 06, 1990
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) is a demyelinating disease of ... virus (JCV), a human papovavirus. PML is a relatively rare disease ... . The significantly higher incidence of PML in AIDS patients than in ... the relatively high incidence of PML in AIDS patients than in ...
- JC virus DNA in cerebrospinal fluid of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients: pre
Apr 26, 1995
... lethal demyelination of the brain. PML develops in at least 4 ... reaction in cerebrospinal fluid of PML patients, particularly those with human ... magnetic resonance imaging evidence of PML. Among control subjects, 11 of ... patient with risk factors for PML and an unexplained hemiparesis. Overall ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy and other disorders caused by JC virus: clinical features and pathogenesis.
Mar 19, 2010
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) is a rare but often ... . Knowledge of the characteristics of PML has substantially expanded since the ... syndrome (IRIS) in patients with PML. Recently, the monoclonal antibodies natalizumab ... diseases-have been associated with PML. Additionally, the JC virus can ...
- The effect of potent antiretroviral therapy and JC virus load in cerebrospinal fluid on cl
J Infect Dis
Nov 03, 2000
... patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) was performed, to identify correlates ... survival. Survival of AIDS-related PML is improved by HAART when ...
- Natalizumab-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in patients with multiple sclerosis: lessons from 28 cases.
Mar 19, 2010
... occurrence of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). Between July, 2006, and November ... . RECENT DEVELOPMENTS: The risk of PML increases with duration of exposure ... HIV-associated PML. WHERE NEXT?: Diagnosis of natalizumab-associated PML requires optimised ...
- Association of prolonged survival in HLA-A2+ progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy pa
Dec 25, 2001
... immunopathogenesis of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). We identified a 9-aa ... cytometry the PBMC of 13 PML patients and 11 control subjects ... + patients with a leukoencephalopathy resembling PML, but with no virologic evidence ... important in the containment of PML, and the tetramer-staining assay ...
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy in Patients on Immunomodulatory Therapies.
Annu Rev Med
Sep 01, 2009
... JCV. Although the majority of PML cases occur in severely immune ... infection as the predominant factor, PML has been increasingly diagnosed in ... , have all been associated with PML. The link between the effects ... system and the occurrence of PML has prompted investigations on JCV ...
- Topotecan now available for HIV, PML research.
AIDS Treat News
May 09, 1995
- Impact of opportunistic disease on survival in patients with HIV infection.
Mar 06, 1998
... sarcoma, lymphoma, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), dementia, wasting, toxoplasmosis, and cryptosporidiosis ... [relative hazard (RH), 7.2], PML (RH, 3.9), MAC (RH ...
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy significantly improves the prognosis of patients with
Oct 20, 1998
... affected by progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). METHODS: A retrospective analysis of ... ) with histologically or PCR-confirmed PML. Their mean age was 39 ... cohort of patients with confirmed PML indicates that AIDS patients with ... from HAART. All patients with PML should be offered optimal antiretroviral ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in transplant recipients.
Aug 08, 2011
... of developing progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), a rare demyelinating disorder caused ... therapeutic benefit.The risk of PML exists throughout the posttransplantation period ... time to first symptoms of PML. Posttransplantation PML has a higher case ...
- Clinical epidemiology and survival of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in the er
Apr 23, 2003
... (HIV)-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) remains a relevant clinical problem ... and the survival probability of PML patients observed within the Italian ... risk of having PML. A reduced probability of PML was observed when ... reported. Patients starting HAART at PML diagnosis and previously na챦ve ...
- JC virus DNA load in patients with and without progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy.
Feb 16, 1999
... diagnosis of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). METHODS: CSF, peripheral blood mononuclear ... serostatus or clinical evidence of PML. JCV DNA was detected in ... clinical and radiologic evidence of PML, confirmed by biopsy in four ... with immunosuppression and not with PML. The presence of JCV in ...
- As(2)O(3) enhances retroviral reverse transcription and counteracts Ref1 antiviral activit
Feb 13, 2003
... to treat acute promyelocytic leukemia (PML), stimulates HIV-1 replication. We ... . As(2)O(3) disrupts PML bodies, nuclear structures named for a major component, the PML protein. We observed no changes ... HIV-1 infection. Experiments with PML-null target cells indicated that ...
- Guidelines for the Prevention and Treatment of Opportunistic Infections among HIV-exposed and HIV-infected children: recommendations from CDC, the National Institutes of Health, the HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, t
MMWR Recomm Rep
Sep 04, 2009
... ; malaria; and progressive multifocal leukodystrophy (PML); and 7) new recommendations on ...
- Detection of JC virus DNA in peripheral lymphocytes from patients with and without progres
Jun 17, 1992
... biopsy-proven PML for the JCV genome. Two non-PML control groups ... fluid from 10 patients with PML was examined for the presence ... HIV-1-seropositive patients without PML, and none of the patients ... circulating lymphocytes from patients with PML and suggest that lymphocytes are ...
- 53BP1 represses mitotic catastrophe in syncytia elicited by the HIV-1 envelope.
Cell Death Differ
Oct 30, 2009
... with the promyelomonocytic leukemia protein (PML), and the ataxia telangiectasia mutated ...
- JC virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in individuals with progressive multifocal leuko
Mar 12, 2001
... immune responses in patients with PML and control subjects. JCV antigen ... patients who were survivors of PML and one HIV-uninfected patient recently diagnosed with PML lysed autologous B-lymphoblastoid cell ... PBMC of three HIV-infected PML patients who had progressive neurologic ...
- Patterns of evolution of host proteins involved in retroviral pathogenesis.
Feb 07, 2006
... and APOBEC3G) or suspected (TRIM19/PML) roles in virus restriction, or ... sequence conservation of the TRIM19/PML sequences among primates suggests that ...
- Contrast-enhancing progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: radiological and pathologic
Feb 28, 1997
... AND IMPORTANCE: Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), a demyelinating disease caused by ... in patients with hematological malignancies, PML has become associated with several ... . A major characteristic that distinguishes PML from other more common lesions ...
- Frequency and phenotype of JC virus-specific CD8+ T lymphocytes in the peripheral blood of
Mar 14, 2007
... patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) and cross-recognize the polyomavirus ... , and nine HIV+ patients with PML (HIV+ PML patients) classified as survivors ... , or HIV+ PML patients. However, in one HIV+ PML patient studied in ... one HIV+ and two HIV+ PML patients. JCV and BKV DNA ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in patients with AIDS receiving highly active a
Clin Infect Dis
Sep 30, 1999
... (HIV)-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) may improve with highly active ... observed three patients who developed PML while receiving HAART. All patients ... significantly. Despite this virologic response, PML did not improve in these ... clinical response to HAART. Furthermore, PML may not improve despite an ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in patients with HIV infection.
May 07, 1998
... AIDS. The high prevalence of PML in AIDS patients currently enables ... clinical and radiographic features of PML in a large cohort of ... increase in the frequency of PML between 1981-1984 and 1991 ... women. In 27% of patients, PML heralded AIDS. Common manifestations included ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: improved survival of human immunodeficiency vi
J Infect Dis
Sep 23, 1999
... diagnosis of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), we analyzed data from an ... identified 415 patients diagnosed with PML during 1990-1997. The median ... survival time after diagnosis of PML.
- Primitive hematopoietic cells resist HIV-1 infection via p21.
J Clin Invest
Feb 02, 2007
... inhibitors of HIV-1, Trim5alpha, PML, Murr1, and IFN-alpha, were ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy following rituximab therapy in HIV negative patients: a report of 57 cases from the Research on Adverse Drug Event and Reports (RADAR) project.
Mar 06, 2009
... , who developed progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) following rituximab treatment. We reviewed ... patient with immune thrombocytopenia developed PML following treatment with rituximab and ... with an autoimmune pancytopenia developed PML following treatment with corticosteroids, azathioprine ...
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy and progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: effec
Clin Infect Dis
Mar 09, 2000
... ) who had progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). Samples were obtained both before ... ). Prolonged survival after HAART for PML is associated with JCV clearance ...
- Metabolite abnormalities in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy by proton magnetic
May 15, 1997
... : To evaluate progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) lesions using proton magnetic resonance ... localized 1H MRS in the PML lesions, normal-appearing contralateral brain ... patients with clinical diagnosis of PML, 16 had tissue and/or ... , and increased glial activity in PML lesions. The CONTRA abnormalities may ...
- Epidemiology and prognosis of AIDS-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy i
Aug 22, 2001
... incidence of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) did not significantly differ between ... January 2000, which showed that PML was the second most frequently ... find a prolonged survival in PML subjects prescribed HAART (245 days ... the survival benefit, AIDS-associated PML still has a serious prognosis ...
- A prospective study demonstrates an association between JC virus-specific cytotoxic T lymp
Aug 23, 2004
... favourable outcome in patients with PML. However, these CTL had been ... patients with possible or proven PML, including 21 HIV+ patients, less ... -specific CTL developed clinically quiescent PML, while only two out of ... % predictive value for subsequent active PML (P = 0.0009). Fifteen patients ...
- Prognostic significance of JC virus DNA levels in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with HIV
Clin Infect Dis
Feb 16, 2005
... 61 HIV-infected patients with PML, including 38 patients who were ... histopathological findings in patients with PML or other HIV-related diseases ... sample obtained after onset of PML symptoms, JCV DNA values ranged ... in HAART-treated patients showing PML stabilization, but not in untreated ...
- Simian virus 40-induced disease in rhesus monkeys with simian acquired immunodeficiency sy
Am J Pathol
Jul 13, 1992
... . In contrast, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) occurred in two adult monkeys ...
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy.
Curr Treat Options Neurol
Nov 29, 2000
... therapies for progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), the diagnosis needs to be ... approach to the management of PML. Immunosuppressive therapies should be discontinued ... with AIDS-related PML, prolonged survival correlates with PML as the presenting ...
- Determinants of survival in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy.
Nov 10, 2009
... patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). METHODS: We recorded the clinical ... HIV+/PML and 58% for HIV- patients with PML. Patients with PML with ... patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), which was more pronounced than ...
- Progressive multifocal leukencephalopathy in patients on highly active antiretroviral ther
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
Sep 23, 2004
... patients with progressive multifocal leukencephalopathy (PML); to evaluate the efficacy of ... : Retrospective multicenter cohort study of PML in HIV-1-infected patients ... /35 cases, clinical manifestation of PML occurred within 6 months after ... . All patients received HAART after PML diagnosis. After a median follow ...
- JC papovavirus large tumor (T)-antigen expression in brain tissue of acquired immune defic
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
May 08, 1986
... well established that demyelination in PML is caused by JC virus ... sites in five cases of PML studied, including two with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). PML occurs in AIDS at a ... in other immunosuppressive disorders, and PML in AIDS may represent a ...
- [Role of immunity in the development of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: a repo
Rev Neurol (Paris)
Jan 31, 2006
... when humoral immunity is involved. PML remains unusual although there is ... -infected patients who developed a PML. No biopsy was made but ... . RESULTS: In the first group, PML was furthered by humoral immunosuppression ... contribute to the development of PML. PML prognosis is often severe but ...
- Monoclonal antibody-associated progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy in patients treated with rituximab, natalizumab, and efalizumab: a Review from the Research on Adverse Drug Events and Reports (RADAR) Project.
Aug 03, 2009
Progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy (PML) is a serious and usually ... -lymphocyte depletion. Unexpected cases of PML developing in people who receive ... risk-management issues associated with PML infection developing after treatment with ...
- Survival improvement of AIDS-related progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in the era
Dec 02, 1999
... AIDS-related progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), in relation to the introduction ... included the patients diagnosed with PML between 1 July 1995 and 30 June 1997. PML diagnosis was both presumptive and ... cohort of patients diagnosed with PML (n = 246), provides evidence that ...
- Cidofovir added to HAART improves virological and clinical outcome in AIDS-associated prog
Jan 29, 2001
... AIDS-related progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). DESIGN: Multicentre observational study of ... with histologically or virologically-proven PML. Group A, 26 patients treated ... prior to the onset of PML, a baseline JC virus DNA ... = 60. CONCLUSIONS: In AIDS-related PML, cidofovir added to HAART is ...
- The HHV6 paradox: ubiquitous commensal or insidious pathogen? A two-step in situ PCR appro
J Clin Virol
May 18, 2000
... the central nervous system (CNS). PML occurs mostly in individuals with ... -factor in the etiology of PML, and raises questions about its ... was consistently detected in both PML and MS white matter lesional ... HHV6 genome in association with PML and MS lesions, open the ...
- [Clinico-epidemiologic manifestations of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in pat
An Med Interna
Aug 09, 2000
... suffer opportunistic infections, between them PML. The purpose of this study ... HIV infected patients diagnosed of PML. METHOD: Retrospective review of clinical ... patient. CONCLUSIONS: The diagnosis of PML in HIV infected patients can ... observed a decrease of the PML incidence in these patients. Nevertheless ...
- AIDS-related progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in the era of HAART: report of two
AIDS Patient Care STDS
Aug 29, 2005
... replicating in human glial cells. PML is the result of the ... effective and specific therapy for PML, HAART remains the only therapeutic option in patients with PML. However, a significant number of ... on unexpected inflammatory cases of PML after initiation of HAART. Thus ...
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in persons infected with human immunodeficiency
Mar 26, 1992
... ) than patients with AIDS without PML. The remaining 46 (49%) patients ... demographic or survival characteristics after PML diagnosis. We detected antibodies to ... patients with AIDS who contracted PML remained stable between 1981 and ... . Our findings further indicate that PML in HIV-infected patients may ...
- AIDS-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy revealed by new-onset seizures.
Am J Med
Aug 03, 1995
... persons with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), and to discuss potential mechanisms ... HIV-1-infected patients with PML attended our institutions between January ... 2 confirmed the diagnosis of PML. Typical histological lesions were observed ... . CONCLUSION: These cases illustrate that PML should be considered as a ...
- Diagnosis of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy by stereotactic brain biopsy utili
Mar 06, 1995
... diagnosis of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in nine patients using cytopathologic ... biopsies were only suggestive of PML, a definitive diagnosis was possible ... histopathologic features were atypical of PML, and the diagnosis was established ...
- Detection of JC virus in two African cases of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy i
J Med Microbiol
Jan 11, 1999
... the USA, Europe and Asia, PML is caused by the human ... . In Africa, the prevalence of PML in AIDS patients is uncertain ... immunocytochemical and PCR confirmation of PML in the CNS of an ... months after onset of AIDS/PML in Germany (case 2), it ... . This study has confirmed that PML is a complication of African ...
- A case study: the use of cidofovir for the management of progressive multifocal leukoencep
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care
Oct 20, 1999
... no treatment or cure for PML. Cidofovir, an antiviral agent, at ... diagnosed AIDS, White male with PML. The patient presented with impaired ... signs of advancement of his PML or AIDS. Further investigation and ... the treatment and management of PML with the use of cidofovir ...
- Absence of thallium-201 brain uptake in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in AIDS
Acta Neurol Scand
Sep 30, 1999
... patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) and AIDS. MATERIAL AND METHODS ... with stereotactic biopsy diagnosis of PML were prospectively evaluated with Tl ... . RESULTS: In all patients with PML, Tl-201 SPECT studies showed ... the diagnostic approach of PML and to differentiate PML from other high ...
- [Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy associated with human immunodeficiency virus i
Med Clin (Barc)
Sep 22, 1999
... characteristics of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in 35 AIDS patients are studied. PATIENTS AND METHODS: PML was diagnosed by clinical and ... (SD 27.6%) by PML. The PML patients had a mean CD4 ... for high presumption diagnosis of PML without brain biopsies. JCV detection ...
- Pathomorphological variations of the AIDS-associated progressive multifocal leukoencephalo
Nov 29, 2000
... of the progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) appearing in the course of ... them were characterized by typical PML demyelination with oligodendroglial and astrocytic ... containing all key elements of PML pathology. The leading pathological feature ... hemispheres or cerebellum. Differences of PML pathology in the course of ...
- [New trends in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy]
Rev Neurol (Paris)
Jan 31, 2006
... immune system. Progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy (PML) is a deadly demyelinating disease ... 25 years, the incidence of PML has significantly increased related to ... no specific antiviral treatment for PML. Nevertheless, the availability of highly ... perspectives to the pathogenesis of PML. New trends in the understanding ...