HPV-AIDS and HIV research citations
Annotated publication timeline
x-axis represents time, y-axis represents article importance (citation-based)
- Male circumcision for the prevention of HSV-2 and HPV infections and syphilis.
N Engl J Med
Mar 26, 2009
... (HSV-2) and human papillomavirus (HPV) infections and syphilis in HIV ... a subgroup of subjects for HPV infection at baseline and at ... ). The prevalence of high-risk HPV genotypes was 18.0% in ... infection and the prevalence of HPV infection, findings that underscore the ...
- Do condoms prevent genital HPV infection, external genital warts, or cervical neoplasia? A
Sex Transm Dis
Nov 19, 2002
... prevents genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and HPV-related conditions. STUDY DESIGN ... prevention of genital warts, subclinical HPV infection, cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN ... while condoms may not prevent HPV infection, they may protect against ...
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. HIV, HPV researchers honored, but one scientist is left out.
Oct 10, 2008
- HPV screening for cervical cancer in rural India.
N Engl J Med
Jul 16, 2009
- Nobel Prize honors HIV, HPV discoveries.
Nov 12, 2008
- HPV-16-related DNA sequences in Kaposi's sarcoma.
Mar 25, 1992
... incidence of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, especially HPV-16, in homosexual men ... conserved E6 region of HPV-16 to detect HPV-16 homologous DNA ... . The same primer pair amplified HPV-16 homologous fragments from two ... lesions. The findings suggest that HPV-16-related DNA sequences are ...
- Performance of carcinogenic human papillomavirus (HPV) testing and HPV16 or HPV18 genotyping for cervical cancer screening of women aged 25 years and older: a subanalysis of the ATHENA study.
Aug 25, 2011
... performance of carcinogenic human papillomavirus (HPV) testing and HPV16 or HPV18 ... , and assess management strategies for HPV-positive women. METHODS: Women aged ... -generation assays (Amplicor HPV test and Linear Array HPV genotyping test) and ... or worse cytology alone. INTERPRETATION: HPV testing with separate HPV16 and ...
- Direct human papillomavirus (HPV) sequencing method yields a novel HPV in a human immunode
J Infect Dis
Dec 10, 1998
... detect and type human papillomaviruses (HPVs) in cervical biopsies. A novel ... sequenced completely, yielding a novel HPV type of supergroup A, named ... related to a previously described HPV type from New Mexico, CP8061 ...
- Comparison of the immunogenicity and safety of Cervarix() and Gardasil((R)) human papillomavirus (HPV) cervical cancer vaccines in healthy women aged 18-45 years.
Aug 17, 2009
... compared the prophylactic human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines, Cervarix() (GlaxoSmithKline) and Gardasil ... analyzed had seroconverted for HPV-16 and HPV-18 serum neutralizing antibodies ... in cervicovaginal secretions and circulating HPV-16 and -18 specific memory ...
- HPV-related neoplasias in HIV-infected individuals.
Eur J Cancer
Jun 25, 2001
Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection of the lower genital ... alter the natural history of HPV-associated oncogenesis, but its impact ... of AIDS in 1993. Anal HPV infection and anal squamous intra ... -positive women as well. Moreover, HPV infection and associated lesions are ...
- Prevalence of HPV Infection among Men: A Systematic Review of the Literature.
J Infect Dis
Sep 22, 2006
... using the terms "human papillomavirus," "HPV," "male," "seroprevalence," and "serology" to ... site- or specimen-specific HPV DNA detection. HPV prevalence in men was ... these studies reported >/=20% HPV prevalence. HPV prevalence varied on the basis ... . We included 15 publications reporting HPV seroprevalence. Rates of seropositivity depended ...
- Impact of Human Papillomavirus (HPV)-6/11/16/18 Vaccine on All HPV-Associated Genital Diseases in Young Women.
J Natl Cancer Inst
Feb 08, 2010
... prophylactic vaccine against human papillomavirus (HPV) types 6, 11, 16, and ... /11/16/18) on all HPV-associated genital disease was investigated ... in a mixed population of HPV-exposed and -unexposed women (intention ... ), irrespective of causal HPV type. Conclusions High-coverage HPV vaccination programs among ...
- Determination of human papillomavirus (HPV) load and type in high-grade cervical lesions s
Clin Infect Dis
Jan 25, 2005
... the importance of multiple-strain HPV infections as biomarkers for the ... indicated), and cervical brushing for HPV testing. Viral typing was performed ... [Digene], respectively). Decreasing concentrations of HPV load were observed when comparing ... controls. CONCLUSIONS: The significantly higher HPV load detected in women with ...
- Fatal Fast-Evolution of Nasopharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma in an HIV Patient with EBV and HPV (-16 AND -33) in Blood Serum.
Open AIDS J
Oct 16, 2008
... oncogenic human papilloma viruses (HPV)-types (HPV-16 and HPV-33), previous to ...
- Risk Factors for Cervical Precancer and Cancer in HIV-Infected, HPV-Positive Rwandan Women.
Oct 26, 2010
... infected with both HIV and HPV (HIV+/HPV+). METHODS: In 2005, 710 ... cohort study; 476 (67%) tested HPV+. Each woman provided sociodemographic data ... infected by non-HPV16 carcinogenic HPV genotypes, HPV16 infection was positively associated and non-carcinogenic HPV infection was inversely associated with ...
- Epidemiology of HPV genotypes in Uganda and the role of the current preventive vaccines: A systematic review.
Infect Agent Cancer
Jul 13, 2011
... the distribution of human papillomavirus (HPV) genotypes in the general population ... the advent of preventive HPV vaccines that target HPV 16 and 18 ... : To review the distribution of HPV infection and prevalent genotypes, electronic ... male genital HPV prevalence and genotypes, HPV incidence estimates and HPV seroprevalence among ...
- The impact of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 status on human papillomavirus (HPV) pre
J Infect Dis
Nov 03, 2000
... presence of cervical human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA. Cervicovaginal rinse and serum ... IgG and IgA antibodies to HPV-16 virus-like particles (VLP ... a significantly higher prevalence of HPV DNA (40/47 [85%]) than ...
- [Interferon-alpha controls HPV infection in cervix epithelium]
Jan 29, 1996
... necessary for a prolonged HPV-infection and allows HPV to be virulent ... ). Dividing the controls into HPV-16 positive and HPV-16 negative subgroups ... between the HPV-16 positive and HPV-16 negative patients (Prostitutes: HPV-16 negative = 94 +/- 21 U/ml, HPV ...
- Southern blot detection of human papillomaviruses (HPVs) DNA sequences in gingival tissues
Sep 24, 1992
... rapidly progressive periodontitis (RPP) (HPV 6/HPV 11), 2 of 2 cases ... in psychiatric institutionalized patients (HPV 6; HPV 6/HPV 11), and 2 of ... gingivitis in AIDS patients (HPV 6/HPV 11/HPV 16; HPV 6). No periodontal ... -periodontal specimen hybridized with the HPV 18 probe. Simultaneous hybridization with ...
- HPV detection rate in saliva may depend on the immune system efficiency.
Oct 15, 2008
... . Recent evidence has indicated that HPV-related pathology is increased in ... and DNA sequencing for HPV typing. RESULTS: HPV DNA was detected in ... cases, the quantitative detection of HPV in saliva significantly depended on ... high risk for development of HPV-related oral lesions, including malignancy ...
- What is the significance of the HPV epidemic?
Can J Urol
Feb 28, 2008
... that approximately 6 million new HPV infections are acquired each year ... anogenital warts are caused by HPV. HPV has been implicated in cancers ... licensed in some countries. Two HPV vaccines are available: a quadrivalent ... , and engagement by pharmaceutical countries, HPV vaccines may become affordable in ...
- Unusual HPV types in oral warts in association with HIV infection.
J Oral Pathol
Jul 10, 1989
... , and focal epithelial hyperplasia (FEH). HPV types 2, 6, 11, 16 ... of these oral lesions, while HPV 13 and 32 are associated ... were performed and the HPV types found were HPV 7 (7/17 ... . There was no correlation between HPV type, histopathology, and clinical appearance ...
- Biology of HPV in HIV infection.
Adv Dent Res
May 04, 2006
... anogenital and oral HPV infection. The risks for HPV-associated high-grade ... link between CNA and increased HPV-induced chromosomal instability mediated through ... HIV in the pathogenesis of HPV-associated neoplasia, but HIV-associated attenuation of HPV-specific immune responses may allow ...
- Non-isotopic in situ hybridization of HPV types in cervical intraepithelial lesions in pat
Arch Gynecol Obstet
Feb 12, 1999
Human papilloma viruses (HPVs), particularly types 16 and 18 ... situ hybridization using probes to HPV 6, 11, 16 and 18 ... .3%) were positive for HPV; 7 for HPV 6 and/or 11 (21.9%), 11 for HPV 16 and/or 18 (34.4%) and one for HPV 6 and 18. Of 5 ... positive for HPV: one for HPV 6 and 2 for HPV 16 or ...
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in Southern Africa: prevalence, immunity, and vaccine
Jul 17, 2002
... . The major cancer caused by HPV is cervical cancer. The humoral ... immunity is important in clearing HPV infection and for regression of ... -infection with HPV. Good cervical screening programmes can control HPV associated cervical ... need for an HPV vaccine. The development of HPV vaccines is reviewed ...
- [Typing human papilloma virus (HPV) infection in the warts of oral mucosa from HIV-positiv
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi
Nov 25, 2004
... type HPV infection by consensus HPV primers Gp5+/Gp6+ and specific HPV primers ... HIV-positive patients. RESULTS: The HPV infection rate was 88.2% by consensus HPV primers Gp5+/Gp6+; the HPV infection rate of ... %, and 5.88% by specific HPV primers. CONCLUSION: Most lesions of ...
- [Diagnostic and therapeutic concepts of HPV infection in HIV-positive women]
Jul 06, 1999
... of anogenital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. HPV-DNA is more frequent detected ... in HIV-seropositive women with HPV-infection. The gynecological examination should ... more likely to have persistent HPV-infection as those with higher ... on the development of the HPV-associated lesion and the clinical ...
- [HPV and cancer.]
Feb 03, 2005
... and cancers. The role of HPV in the carcinogenesis of intraepithelial ... by integrated DNA HPV inside the lesions. HPV genotypes are classified according ... . However, independently of HIV infection, HPV infections seems to be strongly ... the occurrence and outcome of HPV epithelial lesions are currently available ...
- What women in the United States Virgin Islands still want and need to know about HPV, cervical cancer, and condom use.
J Natl Black Nurses Assoc
Sep 22, 2010
... examine questions and concerns about HPV transmission, physical examination, cervical cancer screening, and HPV/cervical cancer risk management among ... the origin of HPV infection and cervical cancer, HPV and cervical cancer risk factors, HPV and cervical cancer screening, and HPV ...
- HPV detection and genotyping in males from the city of C처rdoba, Argentina.
Rev Argent Microbiol
Dec 24, 2010
... wide range of human papillomavirus (HPV) types can infect the anogenital ... cervical cancer, the study of HPV infections in males is scarce ... was to detect and typify HPV infections of the anogenital region ... a significant correlation between the HPV-positive patients and those having ...
- Does Knowing about an HPV Infection Influence Behavior Change? A Feasibility Study of Females Attending a Teen Clinic.
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol
Dec 09, 2008
... . INTERVENTION: Adolescents testing positive for HPV received a physician-delivered intervention ... intent to be vaccinated against HPV. CONCLUSION: Overall, the findings suggest ... a testing/behavioral intervention regarding HPV and cervical cancer prevention for ...
- Treatment with interferon for genital HPV in HIV-positive and HIV-negative women.
Jun 30, 1994
... extent of genital HPV is widespread. Extensive genital HPV involvement is often ... -negative patients with a similar HPV involvement of their genital tract ... and beta interferons in clearing HPV. Our results confirm that interferon ... most patients with extensive genital HPV when they are HIV-negative ...
- Detection of HPV in genital condylomata: correlation between viral load and clinical outco
J Exp Clin Cancer Res
Nov 22, 2001
... load in infection by HPV type other than HPV-16, a longitudinal ... with lower viral loads. The HPV-6 was observed in 31 ... .5%), much more frequently than HPV-11 (7/40 17.5 ... cases (5%) remained undetermined. No HPV-16 or other high-risk type was detected, while HPV-61, not uncommon in Italy ...
- Assessment of risk factors and human papillomavirus (HPV) related pathogenetic mechanisms
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol
Dec 15, 2004
... women with HIV-associated immunosuppression, HPV infections have an increased risk ... the mechanisms responsible for HIV-HPV interactions need further elucidation. The ... interview, colposcopic examination, sampling for HPV testing and typing (PCR, InnoLiPA), and HPV serology. The retrospective series of ...
- Clinical and epidemiological correlates of antibody response to Human Papillomaviruses (HPVs) as measured by a novel ELISA based on denatured recombinant HPV16 late (L) and early (E) antigens.
Infect Agent Cancer
Jun 27, 2008
... for diagnosis of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection but, it is potentially ... clinical and epidemiological correlates of HPV-seroreactivity in a cohort of ... significant correlation was found between HPV DNA detection and seroreactivity. Women ... could prevent eradication of persistent HPV infections and thus contribute to ...
- DNA ploidy and HPV subtypes in cervical smears of HIV-sero-positive and negative patients.
Aug 04, 1997
... studies have demonstrated that cervical HPV infection and precancerous lesions of ... to evaluate DNA ploidy and HPV subtypes. Cervical lesions in HIV ... . In contrast, cytological evidence of HPV infection and dysplastic changes was ... 5% of the cells showed HPV associated changes in controls while ...
- [The role of some micronutrients in the evolution of HPV infection]
May 28, 2002
... correlation between HIV infection and HPV infection. By analogy, we wanted ... also present in subjects with HPV infection and dysplastic and neoplastic ... . Published data confirm that a HPV-positive subject has an increased ... infection. METHODS: Eighty women with HPV infection of the genital tract ...
- [Dissecting pseudomembranous celiocytic vaginitis caused by HPV in a HIV positive patient]
Sep 10, 1993
... dessicant pseudomembranous vaginitis caused by HPV types 6, 11, 16 and ... histological aspects seen in vaginal HPV lesions. In the context of ... the association between HIV and HPV infection, it is known that ... , among these, different types of HPV. The viral association in this ...
- HPV infection and disease in men.
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am
May 01, 1997
Penile HPV infection and disease are very ... to prevent the spread of HPV infection to new sexual partners ... small number of cases. Anal HPV infection and ASIL are very ... HIV positive. Parallels with cervical HPV infection and disease suggest that ...
- Colposcopy, cytology and HPV-DNA testing in HIV-positive and HIV-negative women.
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol
Sep 26, 2000
... and analyzed Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)-DNA testing by Polymerase Chain ... risk squamous intraepithelial lesions (HSIL). HPV-DNA testing by PCR was ... . In HIV-positive patients multiple HPV genotypes were simultaneously present in ... HSIL, abnormal colposcopic findings, and HPV infections in HIV-positive women ...
- Analysis of HPV 16 and 18 by in situ hybridization in oral papilloma of HIV+ patients.
May 17, 2002
... been associated with human papillomavirus (HPV). In analyzing the presence of HPV 16 and 18 by in ... five HIV+ male dental patients, HPV 16 and 18 were observed ... factor in the presence of HPV 16 and 18 in oral ...
- Vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia p53 expression, p53 gene mutation and HPV in recurrent/pr
J Reprod Med
Dec 17, 2004
... recurrence, addressing the relationship with HPV infection. STUDY DESIGN: Twenty women ... mutations in exons 5-8. HPV was determined by digesting PCR ... gene mutation. The rate of HPV infection was higher in the ... pathogenesis independent of high-risk HPV infection and may predict recurrence ...
- [New therapeutic strategies for human papillomavirus related anogenital lesions in HIV patients: highly active antiretroviral therapy and HPV vaccines.]
Med Clin (Barc)
Jun 27, 2008
... of neoplastic anogenital human papillomavirus (HPV)-related lesions in human immunodeficiency ... active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and HPV vaccines. HAART shows limited benefit ... of DNA-HPV in HIV is not well established. HPV vaccines represent ...
- Incidence of cervical disease associated to hpv in human immunodeficiency infected women under highly active antiretroviral therapy.
Infect Agent Cancer
Jun 04, 2009
... abnormalities associated to Human Papillomavirus (HPV), HIV infection and Highly Active ... LSIL and HSIL associated to HPV in the studied groups was ... incidence of HSIL related to HPV infection within the study group ... to evaluate the incidence of HPV infection and cervical cancer among ...
- [Anal intraepithelial neoplasia (NIA) and infection with human papillomavirus (HPV) in anoreceptive patients.]
Rev Gastroenterol Mex
Oct 27, 2009
... association between human papilloma virus (HPV) infection and progression to anal ... grade AIN, as well as HPV infection in an anoreceptive patients ... %). The prevalence of AIN and HPV infection was 68% in both ... high prevalence of AIN and HPV infection between patients with anoreceptive ...
- Promoting Uptake of the HPV Vaccine: The Knowledge and Views of School Staff.
J Sch Health
Oct 06, 2011
BACKGROUND: School-based human papillomavirus (HPV)/cervical cancer vaccination programs have ... to the introduction of the HPV vaccine in 2009, we surveyed ... knew about the link between HPV and cervical cancer, and that HPV is passed on during sexual ...
- [HPV-induced subclinical lesions of the male genitalia. Use of a colposcope]
G Ital Dermatol Venereol
Jan 24, 1991
... sexual partners of women with HPV-related lesions and 7 (group ... /18 and 31/35/51 HPV-DNA probes. Colposcopy and histologic ... patients of group III (14%). HPV 16/18 - whose oncogenic potentiality ...
- HPV and HIV: HPV-DNA identification of colpocytologic smears in HIV positive females throu
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol
Oct 27, 1994
... positive women for identification of HPV-DNA through "In Situ" hybridization ... act as cofactor in increasing HPV manifestations. In future, the number ...
- [HIV, HPV, and syphilis prevalence in a women's penitentiary in the city of S찾o Paulo, 19
Cad Saude Publica
Jan 10, 2002
... immunodeficiency virus (HIV), human papillomavirus (HPV), and syphilis among inmates at ... .3% for high-oncogenic-risk HPV probes, 4.8% for low-oncogenic-risk HPV probes, and 5.7% for ...
- HPV in "carcinoma in situ" associated with HIV/AIDS infection: a case report.
Mar 11, 2002
... entire population. In HIV+ individuals, HPV infection is even more prevalent ... revealed the characteristic features of HPV infection. PCRRLFP assay was added ... in situ". Early detection of HPV lesions in oral mucosa is ...
- Cryosurgery plus adjuvant systemic alpha2-interferon for HPV-associated lesions.
Aug 09, 2002
... with genital, anorectal and perineal HPV lesions were treated with cryosurgery ... of cryosurgery in the treatment HPV lesions; it is less traumatic ... -interferon should have multiorgan involvement, HPV type 16 or 18, lesions ...
- HPV oral infection. Case report of an HIV-positive Nigerian sex worker.
Jun 29, 2007
Le infezioni da HPV sono diventate attualmente un problema ... per HIV. Le lesioni da HPV vengono osservate piu frequentemente nella ... -membranose, correlate all'infezione da HPV, come evidenziato da una biopsia ...
- HPV-related anogenital disease and HIV infection: not always 'ordinary' condylomata acumin
Neth J Med
Mar 19, 2008
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is responsible for various diseases ... , have a higher incidence of HPV-related anogenital disease. Different aspects of the HPV-related anogenital disease in HIV ...
- The impact of antiretroviral therapy on HPV and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: current evidence and directions for future research.
Infect Agent Cancer
May 13, 2010
... of interactions of human papillomavirus (HPV) and HIV, especially in the ... and facilitating the regression of HPV infection and cervical abnormalities is ... of HAART on incidence of HPV, CIN, and cervical cancer among ...
- Screening for HIV-Associated Anal Cancer: Correlation of HPV Genotypes, p16, and E6 Transcripts with Anal Pathology.
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev
Jul 01, 2009
... determined whether human papilloma virus (HPV) biomarkers were correlated with anal ... : The most common oncogenic HPV types were HPV 16 (38%), 18 (19 ... the multivariable logistic regression model, HPV genotypes 16 [odds ratio, 2 ... with multiple HPV genotypes, HPV genotypes 16 and 31, and HPV 16 viral ...
- Comparison of the immunogenicity of the human papillomavirus (HPV)-16/18 vaccine and the HPV-6/11/16/18 vaccine for oncogenic non-vaccine types HPV-31 and HPV-45 in healthy women aged 18-45 years.
Nov 03, 2011
... -protection) offered by human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines may provide a significant ... to vaccination for the HPV type analyzed (HPV-010 [NCT00423046]). Geometric mean ... HPV-16/18 vaccine than the HPV-6/11/16/18 vaccine (HPV ... T-cell responders (HPV-31, p=0.0009; HPV-45, p=0 ...
- Local impairment of immunoreactivity in HIV-infected women with HPV-related squamous intra
Dec 09, 1998
... infection and the other with HPV infection alone. MATERIALS AND METHODS ... non-HIV-infected patients) of HPV-related, high-grade SIL were ...
- Primary care of HPV management in HIV-infected women.
Nurse Pract Forum
Mar 13, 2002
... natural history of human papillomavirus (HPV) differs in women infected with ... into the complexities of treating HPV infection and the differences found ...
- Cervical cancer and low-risk HPV; a case report.
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol
Apr 19, 2006
... woman with a genotype 6 HPV genital infection that developed from ... good prognosis of low-risk HPV infection.
- HPV 6-positive giant keratoacanthoma in an immunocompetent patient.
May 10, 2006
... infections. Only low-risk genital HPV type 6 was detected in ... a possible cocarcinogenic effect of HPV and UV light in a ...
- Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia associated with epidermodysplasia verruciformis HPV in
Eur J Dermatol
Mar 05, 2007
... verruciformis human papillomavirus (HPV) type 5 and HPV type 16 in a ...
- Age at first intercourse and HPV immunization.
J Prev Med Hyg
Aug 23, 2007
... the first human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV) has important implications for the ... to recommend administration of the HPV vaccine to all girls by ...
- Different spectra of therapeutic vaccine development against HPV infections.
Aug 17, 2009
... global burden of genital disease. HPV is annually associated with 500 ... association between HPV infection and cervical cancer indicates that HPV serves as ... the discovery of efficient prophylactic HPV vaccines based on virus-like ... to control the growth of HPV-induced tumors has focused on ...
- HPV-associated oral warts.
May 25, 2011
... and mucosal epithelial cells. Oral HPV infection may be subclinical or ... malignant oral neoplasms. The benign HPV-associated oral lesions, focal epithelial ... or uncommonly, may regress spontaneously. HPV-associated oral warts have a ... a clinico-pathological review of HPV-associated oral warts.
- [Incidence of HPV and CIN in HIV positive women]
Feb 14, 1997
... with genital human papilloma virus (HPV) infection occur with increased frequency ...
- Receptor modulation in viral replication: HIV, HSV, HHV-8 and HPV: same goal, different te
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol
Dec 21, 2004
... exception to this phenomenon. HIV, HPV, HSV, and HHV-8 subvert ...
- Exploring awareness, attitudes, and perceived role among oral health providers regarding HPV-related oral cancers.
J Public Health Dent
Jul 20, 2011
... content areas regarding HPV-related OC and the HPV vaccine, including: (a ... included issues related to the HPV vaccine, the role of professional ... and comfortable communication regarding the HPV-OC link and the potential ... ) increasing knowledge of the HPV-OC link and HPV vaccine; and (b ...
- HPV types, HIV and invasive cervical carcinoma risk in Kampala, Uganda: a case-control study.
Infect Agent Cancer
Jun 27, 2011
... association between of human papillomavirus (HPV) with cervical cancer is well ... well as cervical samples for HPV testing. HPV DNA detection and genotyping ... among women infected with HPV, in particular single HPV infections, infections with ... in women infected with HPV, in particular single HPV infections, infections with ...
- Type-specific incidence, clearance and predictors of cervical human papillomavirus infections (HPV) among young women: a prospective study in Uganda.
Infect Agent Cancer
Apr 12, 2010
... : While infections with human papillomavirus (HPV) are highly prevalent among sexually ... incidence, prevalence and determinants of HPV infections, we conducted a prospective ... .8). CONCLUSIONS: Incident HPV infections and type-specific HPV clearance were frequent ...
- Rapid Rise in Detection of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infection Soon After Incident HIV Infection Among South African Women.
J Infect Dis
Jan 10, 2011
... the prevalence of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection is increased among human ... on the risk of HPV infection and HPV-related disease were evaluated. Results.?귺mong seroconverters, HPV infection prevalence was 20.3 ... = .01). Seroconverters had significantly lower HPV infection prevalence than women with ...
- Human papillomavirus and the HPV vaccine: are the benefits worth the risks?
Nurs Clin North Am
Aug 17, 2009
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most commonly sexually ... an overview and discussion of HPV virus types and transmission, and ... the nursing implications for the HPV vaccine related to education and ... , and young adult women regarding HPV vaccination, for whom the vaccine ...
- Anal HPV Infection in HIV-Positive Men Who Have Sex with Men from China.
Dec 14, 2010
... to be co-infected. The HPV genotypes identified most frequently were ... (7.6%). Different modes of HPV genotypes distribution were observed with ... HIV seropositivity and multiplicity of HPV genotypes (p<0.001), which ... with the observation that anal HPV infection was an independent predictor ...
- Measuring human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination coverage and the role of the National HPV Vaccination Program Register, Australia.
May 19, 2011
Accurate estimates of HPV vaccination coverage are critical for ... programs. The implementation of an HPV vaccination register, either as part ... to an HPV vaccination program. In Australia, the National HPV Vaccination Program Register supports the HPV vaccination program by ...
- Risk factors for oral HPV infection among a high prevalence population of HIV-positive and at-risk HIV-negative adults.
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev
Nov 02, 2011
... hybridization. Risk factors for oral HPV infection were explored using logistic ... -sectional analysis. RESULTS: Prevalent oral HPV infection was common (34%), including ... strong risk factors.CONCLUSIONS: Oral HPV prevalence was elevated in HIV ... the natural history of oral HPV.Impact:Immunosuppression may contribute to ...
- HPV Infection and EGFR Activation/Alteration in HIV-Infected East African Patients with Conjunctival Carcinoma.
May 25, 2010
... specimens were assessed by immunohistochemistry; HPV genotype was detected by qPCR ... , Spearman correlation coefficient and ANOVA. HPV 18 was found in 61 ... %). CONCLUSIONS/SIGNIFICANCE: We conclude that HPV types 16/18 infection is ... findings hint that adoption of HPV vaccination strategies may impact the ...
- A longitudinal study of HPV detection and cervical pathology in HIV infected women.
Sex Transm Infect
Oct 13, 2000
... high risk (HR) human papillomavirus (HPV) in cervical brushings from HIV ... at approximately 6 monthly intervals. HPV typing was carried out using ... and the interrelation with HR-HPV detection analysed. RESULTS: Abnormal cervical ... -HPV positive. Persistent HR-HPV, as defined by two or more consecutive HPV ...
- High levels of HPV-16 DNA are associated with high-grade cervical lesions in women at risk
May 03, 2005
... episomal and integrated human papillomavirus (HPV) 16 DNA and the grade ... behaviour. METHODS: Episomal and integrated HPV-16 DNA loads were measured ... the presence of inhibitors. RESULTS: HPV-16 viral loads were significantly ... (P = 0.007). CONCLUSION: Higher HPV-16 DNA loads are associated ...
- Quantitative Proteomic Analysis of Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Oral HPV Lesions from HIV Patients.
Open Proteomics J
Dec 16, 2008
... in oral human papilloma virus (HPV) lesions, suggesting changes in keratinocytes ... identify proteomic changes in oral HPV lesions between HIV(+) and HIV ... and paraffin-embedded (FFPE) oral HPV lesions utilizing iTRAQtrade mark technology ... were differentially expressed in oral HPV lesions as a result of ...
- Prevalence and multiplicity of HPV in HIV women in Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Rev Assoc Med Bras
Aug 30, 2011
... for cytological analysis and for HPV DNA detection, using polymerase chain reaction (PCR). HPV DNA was classified according to ... frequent genotypes were HPV-6 (63.9%) and HPV-16 (48.5 ... among HIV-infected women. Multiple HPV genotypes were common in samples ...
- [The advantage of a specialized HPV clinic within the department of proctology].
Rev Med Suisse
Aug 05, 2011
The "Human Papilloma Virus" (HPV) is the cause of carcinoma ... the precancerous lesion linked to HPV infection has managed to significantly ...
- Dermatologic Manifestations of HPV in HIV-Infected Individuals.
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep
Jul 10, 2009
... and nongenital skin disease. Anogenital HPV-related disease includes benign condyloma ... common cutaneous manifestation of genital HPV infection; intermediate malignancy or premalignant ... above listed dermatologic manifestations of HPV disease in HIV-infected individuals ...
- Two-Week versus Six-Month Sampling Interval in a Short-Term Natural History Study of Oral HPV Infection in an HIV-Positive Cohort.
Aug 06, 2010
... for the presence of 37 HPV types. The cumulative probability of type-specific HPV detection at visits 1 through ... average point prevalence of oral HPV infection was similar at two ... associated with type-specific oral HPV infection persistence but may misclassify ...
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, HIV infection and cervical cancer in Tanzania, east
Int J Cancer
Jul 13, 1992
... association existed between human papillomavirus (HPV) infections and HIV, and whether ... by a high prevalence of HPV infections, cervical dysplasias, and cervical ... 17.5% of all HPV infections were HPV types 16 and 18 ... the highest prevalence of HPV 18 ever reported. HPV-16/18 risk ...
- Novel HPV types present in oral papillomatous lesions from patients with HIV infection.
Int J Cancer
Jul 10, 1996
... . HPV 7 (19%) and HPV 32 (28%) were the predominant HPV types. HPV 32 ... fibromas tested. Two new HPV types, HPV 72 and HPV 73, were identified ... HPV types detected were HPV 2a, HPV 6b, HPV 13, HPV 16, HPV 18, HPV 55, HPV 59 and HPV 69 ...
- Alternative HER/PTEN/Akt Pathway Activation in HPV Positive and Negative Penile Carcinomas.
Mar 16, 2011
... significantly less frequently in HPV-positive than HPV-negative tumours (p??占?... are associated with penile carcinogenesis. HPV-negative tumours tend to express significantly more pEGFR than HPV-positive cancers and this expression ... is significantly more common in HPV-positive cases and positively correlates ...
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) 6, 11, 16, and 18 Prevalence Among Females in the United States--National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2003-2006: Opportunity to Measure HPV Vaccine Impact?
J Infect Dis
Jul 27, 2011
... used to assess human papillomavirus (HPV) types 6, 11, 16, and ... data provide baseline information before HPV vaccine introduction. Early impact of ... reduction in the prevalence of HPV 6, 11, 16, and 18 ...
- Prevalence of and Risk Factors for Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infection Among HIV-Seronegative Men Who Have Sex With Men.
J Infect Dis
Dec 14, 2010
... , and intra-anal human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in human immunodeficiency virus ... . The prevalence of any tested HPV type was 18.5% at ... had significantly increased risk of HPV infection at external genital sites ... with higher HPV infection prevalence. Conclusions. The prevalence of HPV infection is ...
- Abnormal anal cytology related to high-risk HPV infection in HIV-infected Australians.
Sex Transm Infect
Sep 20, 2007
... anal cytology and high-risk HPV type infection in HIV-infected ... into liquid based medium for HPV typing by Hybrid Capture(R ... whom 92% had high-risk HPV types detected. Low-grade changes ... cytology with 73% high-risk HPV types, and 11 (9%) samples ... . The presence of high-risk HPV types was associated with abnormal ...
- Distress, Sleep Difficulty, and Fatigue in Women Co-Infected With HIV and HPV.
Behav Sleep Med
Jul 01, 2009
... co-infected with HIV and HPV (N = 60). After controlling for ...
- [Accuracy of oncotic cytology for HPV infection diagnosis on the cervix uteri of HIV-infected women.]
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet
Jan 14, 2009
... of uterine cervix cytology for HPV diagnosis, as compared to polymerase ... years. RESULTS: the prevalence of HPV was 11% in the cytological ... results (specificity=100%). Concerning the HPV presence, the cytological prediction for ... surely indicate the presence of HPV. The low sensitivity of cytology ...
- Human papillomavirus type 16 (HPV-16) viral load and persistence of HPV-16 infection in women infected or at risk for HIV.
J Clin Virol
Sep 12, 2008
... lesions. The predictive value of HPV-16 viral loads for persistent ... 1055 sexually active women. METHODS: HPV-16 viral loads were measured ... were classified as having persistent HPV-16 infection (lasting more than ... persistence of HPV-16 infection. Women with >/=10(7) HPV-16copies/mug ...
- [Genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in women in the province of Asti (Italy)].
Ig Sanita Pubbl
Oct 28, 2011
... to estimate the prevalence of HPV infection in women in the ... October 2005. The prevalence of HPV infection was 10.6%. The ...
- HIV infection increases the risk of squamous intra-epithelial lesions in women with HPV in
Int J Cancer
Nov 10, 1997
... assessed the association between different HPV genotypes, HIV infection, and cervical ... suitable for cytological examination and HPV-genotype analysis (134 from HIV ... 9 from HIV-negative women. HPV prevalence, assessed using polymerase-chain ... groups were HPV 16 and HPV 18. The prevalence of HPV 16 among ...
- Combined Oral Contraceptive Use Increases HPV Persistence but Not New HPV Detection in a Cohort of Women From Thailand.
J Infect Dis
Oct 03, 2011
... risk of new human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA detection and persistence among ... 6-month intervals. Type-specific HPV DNA, demographic information, hormonal contraceptive ... were less likely to clear HPV infection compared with nonusers, independent ... was significantly associated with new HPV DNA detection.Conclusions.?긖hese ...
- Oncogenic HPV infection interrupts the expression of tumor-suppressive miR-34a through viral oncoprotein E6.
Mar 04, 2009
... -derived cell lines containing oncogenic HPVs display reduced expression of tumor ... in organotypic tissues derived from HPV-containing primary human keratinocytes correlates ... in HPV18(+) HeLa cells and HPV(-) HCT116 cells results in a ... mechanisms by which high-risk HPVs contribute to the development of ...
- Viral load and genomic integration of HPV 16 in cervical samples from HIV-1-infected and u
J Med Virol
Jun 04, 2007
... papillomavirus type 16 (HPV 16) viral load, HPV 16 integration status, human ... focused on 24 HPV 16-infected women. The HPV 16 viral load ... study sample size. High-integrated HPV 16 DNA load was significantly ... or other high-risk HPV types (HR-HPV). Integrated HPV 16 DNA load ...
- Repression of HPV E6-activated RSV promoter activity by anti-cancer agents.
Apr 29, 2003
... not CMV, were transactivated by HPV 16 E6 in cervical cancer ... against cervical cancers caused by HPV infection.
- A novel model of HPV infection in meshed human foreskin grafts.
Nov 19, 2004
... clinic, and pre-inoculated with HPV virions by scarification. Meshing was ... a novel feature in the HPV xenograft model.
- Oropharyngeal cancer: a potential consequence of concomitant HPV and HIV infection.
Curr Opin Oncol
Jul 09, 2009
... OF REVIEW: Oral human papillomavirus (HPV) infection is the principal cause ... -fold higher prevalence of oral HPV infection in this population. Consistent ... -related immunosuppression. Analogous to other HPV-related cancers (e.g. cervical ... . SUMMARY: Healthcare providers may encounter HPV-related OPCA more frequently among ...
- Cervical and anal HPV infections in HIV positive women and men.
Nov 26, 2002
... of cervical and human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and their associated lesions ... to be infected with oncogenic HPV types and to have cervical ...