HAART-AIDS and HIV research citations
Annotated publication timeline
x-axis represents time, y-axis represents article importance (citation-based)
- Rosiglitazone in the treatment of HAART-associated lipodystrophy--a randomized double-blin
Aug 19, 2003
Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) is associated with metabolic adverse ... of glitazones in patients with HAART-associated lipodystrophy (HAL). In this ...
- Changes in thymic function with age and during the treatment of HIV infection.
Jan 19, 1999
... with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) show a progressive increase in ... tissues. In adults treated with HAART, there is a rapid and ... contribute to immune reconstitution following HAART.
- HIV prevention before HAART in sub-Saharan Africa.
Jun 04, 2002
... on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) indicate that prevention is at ... effective than HAART. We aim to show that funding HAART at the ... non-HAART treatment and care. Funds should be allocated to HAART primarily ... help prepare for scaled-up HAART provision following broad population coverage ...
- Identification of a reservoir for HIV-1 in patients on highly active antiretroviral therap
Dec 02, 1997
... on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) was examined. In a study ... 22 patients successfully treated with HAART for up to 30 months ... in patients who respond to HAART.
- Clinical progression and virological failure on highly active antiretroviral therapy in HI
Apr 14, 1999
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in suppression of HIV-1 ... virological and clinical outcomes of HAART in routine practice. METHODS: We ... , 27.3% women) who started HAART in 1995-98. Viral rebound ... rate of virological failure of HAART was high among these patients ...
- Positive effects of combined antiretroviral therapy on CD4+ T cell homeostasis and functio
Jul 21, 1997
Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) increases CD4(+) cell numbers, but ... cell reconstitution was demonstrated after HAART, with: (i) an early rise ...
- Impact of HIV infection and HAART on serum lipids in men.
Jun 11, 2003
... assessment of triglyceride levels post-HAART initiation. DESIGN, SETTING, AND PARTICIPANTS ... analysis herein, who later initiated HAART, involving measurements of stored serum ... observed after HIV infection. Following HAART initiation, there were large increases ...
- HIV-1 replication and immune dynamics are affected by raltegravir intensification of HAART-suppressed subjects.
Mar 15, 2010
... been halted in individuals on HAART, immune activation and inflammation continue ... be driving immune activation in HAART, we examined the impact of ... in a large percentage of HAART-suppressed subjects. Furthermore, in subjects ... results suggest that, despite suppressive HAART, active replication persists in some ...
- Adherence to HAART in French HIV-infected injecting drug users: the contribution of bupren
Apr 20, 2000
... to highly active antiretroviral therapies (HAART) in a cohort of French ... first visit after initiation of HAART in the MANIF2000 cohort study ... load titres after initiation of HAART was significantly lower among non ... DMT may increase adherence to HAART among HIV-infected opiate-dependent ...
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy in a large urban clinic: risk factors for virologic f
Ann Intern Med
Jul 20, 1999
... trials, highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) reduces plasma HIV-1 RNA ... . CONCLUSIONS: Unselected patients in whom HAART is started in a clinic ... that maximize the performance of HAART in inner-city clinics.
- The changing pattern of HIV neuropathology in the HAART era.
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol
May 28, 2003
Highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART), which has been available for ...
- Incidence of opportunistic and other infections in HIV-infected children in the HAART era.
Jul 19, 2006
... or highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) has resulted in a dramatic ... in the HAART era to those of the pre-HAART era; and ... analysis was conducted. The pre-HAART era comparison population included 3331 ... PACTG in the pre-HAART era. The pre-HAART IRs were as ...
- Adherence to HAART and its principal determinants in a cohort of Senegalese adults.
Oct 20, 2003
... providing highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) is recent in Africa. In ... results show that adherence to HAART can be as high in ...
- Pre-HAART HIV burden approximates post-HAART viral levels following interruption of therap
Dec 19, 2000
... antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and the viral burden after withdrawal of HAART. DESIGN ... on HAART who subsequently discontinued HAART. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Pre- and post-HAART ... individuals had post-HAART values higher than pre-HAART values, five had ... .8 years. CONCLUSIONS: After discontinuing HAART, individuals had rebounds in their ...
- How effectively does HAART restore immune responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis? Implica
Jul 01, 2005
... of highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) has had a major impact ... in industrialized countries. Access to HAART is now expanding in low ... or only partially restored during HAART. Current data suggest that full ... community level because patients receiving HAART live much longer and yet ...
- Sustained improvement of dyslipidaemia in HAART-treated patients replacing stavudine with
Jun 22, 2006
... lipid profile, especially TG, in HAART-treated patients.
- The challenge of viral reservoirs in HIV-1 infection.
Annu Rev Med
Jan 30, 2002
... on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). The persistence of virus in ... continues in patients on suppressive HAART may also contribute to the ... majority of patients on current HAART regimens, and unless new approaches ...
- An examination of HIV/AIDS patients who have excellent adherence to HAART.
Jul 14, 2003
... to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and how they differ from ... patients with excellent adherence to HAART differ from their less adherent ... strategies for enhancing adherence to HAART.
- Impact of occasional short interruptions of HAART on the progression of HIV infection: res
Apr 19, 2002
... HIV Cohort Study participants initiated HAART, which was interrupted at least ...
- Regulation of plasma PAI-1 concentrations in HAART-associated lipodystrophy during rosigli
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol
Apr 14, 2003
... active antiretroviral therapy-associated lipodystrophy (HAART+LD+) have high plasminogen activator ... patients with HAART+LD+, 13 HIV-positive patients without lipodystrophy (HAART+LD ... in HAART+LD+ (28+/-2 ng/mL) compared with the HAART+LD ... in HAART+LD+ (7.6+/-1.7%) than in the HAART+LD ... in the HAART+LD+ group than in either the HAART+LD- or ...
- HIV Infection, hepatitis C infection, and HAART: hard clinical choices.
Jul 13, 2004
... receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), and liver disease has become ... , including a direct effect of HAART, substance abuse, and coinfection with ...
- Improvement of HAART-associated insulin resistance and dyslipidemia after replacement of p
Eur J Med Res
Nov 07, 2001
... on their first PI-containing HAART regimen. 16 patients were switched ... the majority of patients with HAART-associated metabolic alterations and therefore ... for patients to PI-containing HAART regimens.
- Acute respiratory failure following HAART introduction in patients treated for Pneumocysti
Am J Respir Crit Care Med
Sep 10, 2001
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) prompted questions on the optimal timing of introduction of HAART in patients with inaugural AIDS ... failure after early introduction of HAART in patients treated for Pneumocystis ... . All three patients recovered after HAART interruption or steroid reintroduction. We ...
- Virologic rebound on HAART in the context of low treatment adherence is associated with a
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
Jul 19, 2002
... )-based highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) have been explored in isolation ... on their first PI-based HAART combination for >6 months with ...
- Dynamics of HIV viral load in blood and semen of patients under HAART: impact of therapy i
Jan 26, 2007
... the efficacy and effect of HAART in HIV-1-infected men ... fertilization procedures. We showed that HAART did not always reduce the ... from a HAART-treated patient group compared with spermatozoa from HAART-untreated ... emphasize the negative role of HAART, but not of HIV-1 ...
- Adherence to HAART among patients with HIV: breakthroughs and barriers.
Jun 03, 2002
Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) has been a major breakthrough ... -the-science in adherence to HAART. Barriers to treatment success, determinants ... understand and promote adherence to HAART.
- Patterns and correlates of discontinuation of the initial HAART regimen in an urban outpat
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
Nov 17, 2003
... initial highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) regimen in an urban, outpatient ... , staging indicators, and reasons for HAART discontinuation. Proportional hazards regression methods ... 3 months on HAART. CONCLUSIONS: Gastrointestinal adverse events of HAART are the ...
- Stanford V regimen and concomitant HAART in 59 patients with Hodgkin disease and HIV infec
Aug 29, 2002
... ) plus highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor ... Stanford V regimen with concomitant HAART is feasible and active in ...
- HIV-1 persistence, viral reservoir, and the central nervous system in the HAART era.
Feb 12, 2003
HAART therapy has led to a ... , despite prolonged and apparently efficient HAART, in monocytes, tissue macrophages and ... lymphocytes of patients receiving efficient HAART. A similar viral integration in ...
- HAART in HIV-infected patients: restoration of antigen-specific CD4 T-cell responses in vi
Dec 02, 1999
... of highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) on CD4 T-cell responses ... hypersensitivity detection rate increased under HAART. Multivariate analysis showed improvement of ... cells, suppression of viraemia following HAART may allow an improved inflammatory ...
- Hepatitis C and progression of HIV disease.
Jul 03, 2002
... to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). DESIGN: Prospective cohort study. SETTING ... change following initiation of effective HAART (resulting in a viral load ... AIDS, or responding immunologically to HAART, especially after accounting for differences ...
- Timing of HAART defines the integrity of memory B cells and the longevity of humoral responses in HIV-1 vertically-infected children.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
May 06, 2009
... different highly-active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) schedules in 70 HIV-1 ... HIV-1 antigens. Initiation of HAART within the 1st year of ... common vaccination antigens. Timing of HAART initiation is the major factor ...
- Successful treatment with hyper-CVAD and highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART) for AIDS-related Burkitt lymphoma.
Apr 09, 2010
... highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART) and his facial palsy improved ... EPOCH (DA-EPOCH) combined with HAART. Although the tumor was decreased ... -Ara-C alternating therapy with HAART in order to increase dose ... remission was obtained. In the HAART era, the survival of patients ...
- Cyclosporin A in combination with HAART in primary HIV-1 infection.
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents
Jun 08, 2000
HAART is the cornerstone of HIV ... HIV disease. The institution of HAART during the primary HIV-1 ... , it also well demonstrated that HAART alone is not able to ... HAART is discontinued. Among immunomodulant agents, cyclosporin A in combination with HAART ...
- The lymphocyte HIV reservoir in patients on long-term HAART is a memory of virus evolution
May 28, 2004
... highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). DESIGN: Nine HAART-treated patients were selected ... had received antiretroviral therapy before HAART. We compared a polymorphic region ... in pre-HAART plasma and in the reservoir lymphocytes during HAART; the ... of resistant virus in pre-HAART plasmas. However, virus archiving was ...
- HIV-specific CD8+ T cells from HIV+ individuals receiving HAART can be expanded ex vivo to augment systemic and mucosal immunity in vivo.
Mar 22, 2011
... highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART) to suppress HIV replication, but ... , but decrease in number following HAART. Therapeutic vaccines represent a potential ... ). To determine if patients receiving HAART possess CD8(+)T-cells with ... lines isolated from 7 HIV(+) HAART-treated patients, expanded ex vivo ...
- Reconsidering targeted toxins to eliminate HIV infection: you gotta have HAART.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
Oct 22, 1998
... highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART) has inspired new concepts for ... be reconsidered in combination with HAART. Such combinations might also prove ...
- Variability of attitudes toward early initiation of HAART for HIV infection: a study of Fr
Feb 20, 2001
... ' attitudes toward early initiation of HAART, three months after the dissemination ... respondents according to attitudes toward HAART. Among the 483 respondents (response ... official recommendations to systematically initiate HAART with protease inhibitors (PIs) for ...
- Adverse metabolic disorders during highly active antiretroviral treatments (HAART) of HIV
Dec 28, 1999
... with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), including nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase ...
- Determinants of survival following HIV-1 seroconversion after the introduction of HAART.
Oct 24, 2003
BACKGROUND: Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) was introduced in 1997. We ... -1997 (pre-HAART), in 1997-98 (limited use of HAART), and 1999-2001 (widespread use of HAART). FINDINGS: Of ... increase, since the introduction of HAART; however, the importance of age ...
- Dissociation of HIV-1 from follicular dendritic cells during HAART: mathematical analysis.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
Jan 27, 2000
... if highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) is withdrawn before virus on ... -1 dissociates from FDC during HAART is biphasic, with an initial ... years. This result suggests that HAART may not be able to ...
- Healthcare use by varied highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) strata: HAART use, d
Apr 19, 2004
... of HAART by comparing healthcare use among persons who use HAART and persons who discontinue HAART to that among HAART-naive ... . RESULTS: Compared with HAART-naive women, those using HAART had a higher ... ). Compared with HAART-naive women, women who had discontinued HAART had a ...
- Do children infected with HIV receiving HAART need to be revaccinated?
Lancet Infect Dis
Aug 27, 2010
... on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) should be revaccinated. We reviewed ... of children given HAART. In general, children on HAART had low levels ... before treatment. Most children on HAART, however, responded to revaccination, although ... results suggest that children on HAART would benefit from revaccination, but ...
- Black White Mortality From HIV-Disease Before and After Introduction of HAART in 1996.
Am J Public Health
Aug 31, 2007
... of highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART). Methods. Black-white mortality from ... significantly after the introduction of HAART, especially among women and the ... for pre-HAART mortality. Contextual SES, race, and pre-HAART mortality were ... -HAART disparities, disparities were not inevitable and tended to reflect pre-HAART ...
- AIDS events among individuals initiating HAART: do some patients experience a greater bene
Nov 01, 2005
... over the first year of HAART in patients with different characteristics ... 7-12 months after starting HAART. RESULTS: The number of events ... = 0.002), in those starting HAART from 2001 in comparison with ... at the time of starting HAART had a less rapid relative ...
- Grade 4 events are as important as AIDS events in the era of HAART.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
Nov 17, 2003
... with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in the setting of 5 ... era of HAART. To adequately evaluate the impact of HAART on morbidity ...
- Successful simplification of protease inhibitor-based HAART with triple nucleoside regimen
Nov 20, 2007
... -line protease inhibitor (PI)-based HAART to a simplified triple nucleoside ... load under a PI-based HAART and no previous history of ... treatment. METHODS:: At study entry, HAART was shifted to a triple ...
- Medically eligible women who do not use HAART: the importance of abuse, drug use, and race
Am J Public Health
Jun 30, 2004
... active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) use. METHODS: We analyzed HAART use among 1165 ... indications for HAART reported not using it, 635 reported HAART use, and ... decreased the likelihood of using HAART, whereas being White increased it ... women for whom HAART was indicated reported not using HAART. Childhood sexual ...
- Switching from protease inhibitor-based-HAART to a protease inhibitor-sparing regimen is a
Sep 06, 2006
... -term protease inhibitor (PI)-based HAART to a three nucleoside reverse ...
- Amount of lymphatic tissue fibrosis in HIV infection predicts magnitude of HAART-associate
Nov 14, 2005
... peripheral CD4 cell pool with HAART (P < 0.001). This suggests ...
- Positive outcomes of HAART at 24 months in HIV-infected patients in Cambodia.
Dec 19, 2007
... the feasibility and efficacy of HAART in resource-poor settings. The ... Cambodia. METHODS: Adults who started HAART 24 +/- 2 months ago were ... (84.1%) were still on HAART, 53 (12.7%) had died ... further demonstrate the efficacy of HAART in the medium term in ...
- Childbearing Intentions of HIV-Positive Women of Reproductive Age in Soweto, South Africa: The Influence of Expanding Access to HAART in an HIV Hyperendemic Setting.
Am J Public Health
Apr 20, 2010
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) among women in Soweto, South ... examined associations between HIV status, HAART use, and intention to have ... status: 31% of HAART users, 29% of HAART-naive users, and 69 ... use or duration of HAART.Conclusions. Integrated HIV, HAART, and reproductive health ...
- Deaths in the era of HAART: contribution of late presentation, treatment exposure, resista
Dec 05, 2005
... HIV-positive individuals in the HAART era. DESIGN: Observational database. METHODS ... in individuals who had received HAART: patients had been exposed to ... pre-HAART era. Another 15 patients had received only non-HAART treatment ... late presentation, delayed uptake of HAART and the previous use of ...
- Nutrition and disease progression pre-highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and post-HAART: can good nutrition delay time to HAART and affect response to HAART?
Am J Clin Nutr
Nov 17, 2011
... to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) initiation and response. We focused ... impact on delaying HAART initiation or on improving HAART response. However, there ... clarity in defining and reporting HAART status. Future studies need to ... on HIV disease progression and HAART response.
- Early mortality and cause of deaths in patients using HAART in Brazil and the United States.
Sep 22, 2009
... of death among patients starting HAART in Brazil and the United ... was at 1 year since HAART initiation. Cox proportional hazards regression ... occurred within 90 days of HAART initiation; in Baltimore, 48.9 ...
- Patient-reported and physician-estimated adherence to HAART: social and clinic center-rela
J Gen Intern Med
Nov 29, 2004
... to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and identify factors related to ... to HAART. At the same time, physicians estimated the current HAART adherence ... were discordant on adherence to HAART. Kappa statistics was 0.27 ... estimate patient-reported adherence to HAART in more than one third ...
- Limits on replenishment of the resting CD4+ T cell reservoir for HIV in patients on HAART.
Sep 05, 2007
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), latently infected resting CD4(+) T ... continuously replenishes the reservoir despite HAART. Here, we offer the first ... ongoing replication during HAART. Thus, intensification of standard HAART regimens should have ...
- Effect of antiretroviral therapy on liver-related mortality in patients with HIV and hepat
Dec 03, 2003
BACKGROUND: Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) has improved the prognosis of ... (HCV) is not inhibited by HAART, and treatment-related hepatotoxicity is ... according to their antiretroviral therapy (HAART n=93, available after 1995 ... 100 person-years in the HAART, antiretroviral-treatment, and untreated groups ...
- High rate of proV47A selection in HIV-2 patients failing lopinavir-based HAART.
Dec 05, 2005
... individuals failing lopinavir/ritonavir-based HAART. The appearance of such mutated ...
- Identification of a particular HIV-specific CD8+ T cell subset with a CD27+ CD45RO-/RA+ phenotype and memory characteristics after initiation of HAART during acute primary HIV infection.
Dec 22, 2008
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) during acute primary HIV infection ...
- Incidence of noninfectious conditions in perinatally HIV-infected children and adolescents in the HAART era.
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med
Feb 03, 2009
... estimate highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)-era incident rates for the ... youth in order to identify HAART-era changes in the natural ... the long-term effects of HAART and HIV as well as ...
- C-C2-03: Incidence-based Costs of Multiple HAART Switches Among HIV-infected Patients in an HMO.
Clin Med Res
Mar 22, 2010
Background: Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) or combination antiretroviral (ARV) therapy ... single (or no) HAART switches starting from first HAART regimen. Methods: Retrospective ... months of continuous HAART. Cases on third or later HAART regimen; controls ...
- HIV, HAART, and lipoprotein particle concentrations in the Women's Interagency HIV Study.
Sep 27, 2010
... by HIV/HAART status (361 HIV-uninfected, 128 HIV-infected/HAART naive, 588 HIV-infected/on HAART) enrolled in ... little difference between HIV-infected/HAART naive and HIV-uninfected women ... triglycerides, HIV infection irrespective of HAART status remained associated with significantly ...
- Anal cancers among HIV-infected persons: HAART is not slowing rising incidence.
Nov 20, 2009
... and assess the impact of HAART use on anal cancer events ... in the pre-HAART to 55 in the HAART era, a P ... event, and 74% had received HAART. From separate models, prior AIDS ... , P = 0.07). Duration of HAART use was not associated with ... experiencing longer life expectancies and HAART use does not appear protective ...
- Expanding HAART Treatment to All Currently Eligible Individuals under the 2008 IAS-USA Guidelines in British Columbia, Canada.
Jun 11, 2010
... number of individuals eligible for HAART. The epidemic in British Columbia ... the potential impact of different HAART coverage scenarios, based on the ... transmission model to investigate different HAART coverage scenarios (50%, 60%, 75 ... guidelines. Within 5 years, increasing HAART coverage decreased yearly new infections ...
- HAART-prolonged life of HIV-infected patients should not be shortened by hepatitis C.
Dec 14, 2004
As highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) prolongs the life of HIV ...
- HIV suppression by HAART preserves cognitive function in advanced, immune-reconstituted AI
May 15, 2007
... impairment might progress despite successful HAART therapy, but available prevalence estimates ... 3-5 years after initiating HAART. This improvement was marginally associated ... than the general population. During HAART, improving test performance probably reflects ...
- Cidofovir added to HAART improves virological and clinical outcome in AIDS-associated prog
Jan 29, 2001
... with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in AIDS-related progressive multifocal ... treated with HAART; group B, 14 patients treated with HAART plus cidofovir ... were the use of cidofovir, HAART prior to the onset of ... -related PML, cidofovir added to HAART is associated with a more ...
- Transient relapses ("blips") of plasma HIV RNA levels during HAART are associated with dru
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr
Oct 05, 2001
... of plasma HIV RNA during HAART are associated with development of ... transient viral load relapse during HAART were studied. All regimens contained ... : Plasma HIV RNA blips during HAART can be associated with selection ... viral replication may occur during HAART, probably caused by a temporary ...
- Expanding access to HAART: a cost-effective approach for treating and preventing HIV.
Jun 30, 2010
... providing therapeutic benefit, treatment with HAART has potential to prevent transmission ... intervention to expand treatment with HAART in British Columbia, Canada. DESIGN ... . RESULTS:: Over 30 years, the HAART expansion scenario was associated with ... .45 billion). CONCLUSION:: Increasing the HAART treatment rate from 50 to ...
- Impact of HAART on the clinical management of AIDS-related cancers.
Eur J Cancer
Jun 25, 2001
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) into clinical practice. Since the ... hypothesised that patients treated with HAART may survive longer with continued ... and a positive correlation between HAART and outcome in these patients ... these patients survive longer with HAART and with a better control ...
- Antitumour effects of antiretroviral therapy.
Nat Rev Cancer
Nov 01, 2004
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). This effect cannot be solely ... , which are widely used in HAART, have direct anti-angiogenic and ...
- HAART-related nephropathies in HIV-infected patients.
Jan 27, 2005
... that highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) has been the most important ... that the beneficial effects of HAART also include improvement of HIV ... of HIV-infected patients requiring HAART has increased and includes patients ...
- Tuberculosis after HAART initiation in HIV-positive patients from five countries with a hi
Jul 03, 2006
... notified TB in people receiving HAART in five HIV programmes occurring ... on follow-up time after HAART initiation. RESULTS:: Among 3151 patients ... diagnosed within 3 months after HAART initiation. CONCLUSION:: High incidence rates ... both undiagnosed prevalent TB at HAART initiation and subclinical TB developing ...
- Does HAART efficacy translate to effectiveness? Evidence for a trial effect.
Jul 18, 2011
... (VS) among patients who initiated HAART in a clinical trial versus ... /ml at six months after HAART initiation and was assessed within ... six month HIV RNA result. HAART regimens differed between the early ... early period, trial participants initiating HAART were significantly more likely to ...
- Isoniazid preventive therapy, HAART and tuberculosis risk in HIV-infected adults in South Africa: a prospective cohort.
Jun 15, 2009
... and highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) used separately result in reductions ... HAART. We assessed the effect of IPT, HAART or both IPT and HAART ... ). Compared to treatment-naive patients, HAART-only patients had a 64 ... significantly reduced by IPT in HAART-treated adults in a high ...
- The Association of Cigarette Smoking With HIV Prognosis Among Women in the HAART Era--A Re
Am J Public Health
May 03, 2006
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) among low-income women. Methods ... % of all women who initiated HAART between July 1, 1995, and ... , and previous AIDS, smokers on HAART had poorer viral responses (hazard ... of the benefits provided by HAART are negated in cigarette smokers ...
- HAART reduces death ligand but not death receptors in lymphoid tissue of HIV-infected patients and simian immunodeficiency virus-infected macaques.
Dec 03, 2008
... how antiretroviral therapy (ART) or HAART affects the expression of apoptotic ... positive), HIV-infected patients receiving HAART and HIV-uninfected (HIV negative ... -negative donors and HAART patients. However, tonsils from HAART patients showed reduced ... . CONCLUSION:: These findings suggest that HAART or ART is ineffective in ...
- Hepatitis B and long-term HIV outcomes in coinfected HAART recipients.
Jun 24, 2009
... of HAART. The impact of CH-B on long-term HAART outcomes ... . METHODS:: To address this question, HAART initiators enrolled in the Multicenter ... only core-antibody positive. Despite HAART, AIDS-related mortality was the ... -infected patients receiving long-term HAART, HBV status did not influence ...
- Impact of HAART advent on admission patterns and survival in HIV-infected patients admitte
Jun 16, 2004
... antiretroviral therapy (HAART). OBJECTIVE: To examine the impact of HAART on admission ... and 24 months, respectively. CONCLUSIONS: HAART had little impact on ICU ... patients. After the introduction of HAART AIDS-related conditions decreased and ... on HIV disease stage and HAART availability. In both study periods ...
- Effect of long-cycle structured intermittent versus continuous HAART on quality of life in
Mar 21, 2006
... -cycle structured intermittent versus continuous HAART on health-related quality of ... trial evaluating intermittent versus continuous HAART on immunological and virologic parameters ... distress advantage compared to continuous HAART in patients with chronic HIV ...
- Induction Therapy with Protease-Inhibitors Modifies the Effect of Nevirapine Resistance on Virologic Response to Nevirapine-based HAART in Children.
Clin Infect Dis
Jan 24, 2011
... -based highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). Methods. Nevirapine-exposed children who ... /ritonavir-based induction HAART before switch to nevirapine-based HAART or who ... blood mononuclear cells after induction HAART with ultradeep pyrosequencing. The primary ...
- The nephrotoxic effects of HAART.
Nat Rev Nephrol
Sep 24, 2009
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), complications of long-standing HIV ... include the nephrotoxic effects of HAART, which are the subject of ... common nephrotoxic effects associated with HAART include crystal-induced obstruction secondary ... in patients on HAART. However, given the benefits of HAART, fear of ...
- Incidence of discontinuation of highly active antiretroviral combination therapy (HAART) a
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol
Apr 01, 1999
... initial highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). DESIGN: In this retrospective follow ... discontinuation of initial HAART. PATIENTS: All patients starting HAART (n = 99) during ... determinants for discontinuation of initial HAART. CONCLUSIONS: The overall incidence density ...
- Out-of-pocket costs of HAART limit HIV treatment responses in Botswana's private sector.
Jul 03, 2006
... pay out-of-pocket for HAART. This analysis from Botswana indicates ... the initial 30 days of HAART are associated with failure to ... , 17-36), P = 0.001]. HAART costs should be minimized as ...
- The effect of HIV infection and HAART on inflammatory biomarkers in a population-based cohort of US women.
May 16, 2011
... at least partially corrected by HAART. To determine the qualitative and ... three HIV clinical groups including HAART responders (HAART), untreated HIV non-controllers ... NC participants. Biomarker levels among HAART women more closely resembled the ... . Secondary analyses of the combined HAART and NC groups revealed that ...
- Retrospective analysis of suspending HAART in selected patients with controlled HIV replic
AIDS Patient Care STDS
Aug 01, 2005
... the time to HAART reinitiation. Three months after HAART interruption, the median ... HAART restart included clinical events in 8 patients. Fifteen patients restarted HAART ... disconcerting. We advise caution before HAART interruption, particularly for those patients ...
- Using nurses to identify HAART-eligible patients in the Republic of Mozambique: results of
Hum Resour Health
Mar 01, 2007
... highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART) in sub-Saharan Africa is ... patient status (including identification of HAART eligible patients), increased efficiency in ... , and increased capacity to start HAART-eligible patients on treatment. RESULTS ... patients starting HAART or a reduction in the time to HAART initiation ...
- Virologic outcomes of HAART with concurrent use of cytochrome P450 enzyme-inducing antiepileptics: a retrospective case control study.
AIDS Res Ther
May 17, 2011
... of highly-active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in individuals taking cytochrome P450 ... evaluated the virologic response to HAART with or without concurrent antiepileptic ... . Virologic outcomes were compared to HAART-treated participants taking AEDs that ... -administered with HAART. Concurrent use of EI-AEDs and HAART should be ...
- Long-term trends in adherence to antiretroviral therapy from start of HAART.
Mar 19, 2010
... in highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) adherence to identify the main ... the date of start of HAART until the end of the ... 13 years from start of HAART. There was evidence of a ... a decade from start of HAART. This is encouraging, because it ...
- Long-term CD4+ lymphocyte response following HAART initiation in a U.S. Military prospective cohort.
AIDS Res Ther
Jan 19, 2011
... initiating highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), early CD4+ lymphocyte count increases ... cohort study who initiated HAART, who had post-HAART CD4+ measurements, and ... SC to HAART start, lower pre-HAART CD4+ nadir, higher pre-HAART VL, and clinical AIDS before HAART ...
- The impact of integrating food supplementation, nutritional education and HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy) on the Nutritional Status of Patients living with HIV/AIDS in Mozambique: Results from the DREAM Programme.
Ig Sanita Pubbl
Apr 06, 2011
... , immunological, virological, clinical assessment and HAART (Highly Active AntiRetroviral Treatment). The ... higher in HAART patients because of the impact of HAART on nutritional status of AIDS patients. Subjects on HAART and ... food supplementation, nutritional education and HAART on the nutritional status of ...
- Rates and Reasons for Early Change of First HAART in HIV-1-Infected Patients in 7 Sites throughout the Caribbean and Latin America.
Jun 09, 2010
... reasons for change of initial HAART in this region. METHODOLOGY: Antiretroviral ... % were female, median age at HAART initiation was 37 years (interquartile ... AIDS at HAART initiation). The primary reason for change among HAART initiators ... leading cause for changing initial HAART. Predictors for change due to ...
- Radata - implementation of resistance analysis and expert advice for optimized HAART switc
Eur J Med Res
Aug 14, 2002
... can aid to achieve effective HAART regimen. Furthermore, clinical benefits from ... -infected patients after failure to HAART are eligible for registration to ... expert advice for implementation into HAART switch in daily clinical practice ... expert advice for implementation into HAART switch of HIV-infected subjects ...
- Effect of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodyn
Nov 19, 2004
... 19 CHOP + HAART in a crossover-designed study. HAART included protease inhibitors ... CHOP + HAART (P = not significant). CONCLUSION: We demonstrated that HAART therapy has ... toxicity after CHOP + HAART. Therefore, pharmacodynamic interactions between HAART and DOX should ...
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) improves survival in HIV-associated Hodgkin's
Mar 27, 2006
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART). Materials and methods: This cohort ... -HAART era (1984-1996) were compared with those belonging to the HAART ... curative intended chemotherapy. Patients receiving HAART (n = 34) had a significantly ... -7.33). CONCLUSIONS: Use of HAART significantly improved the overall survival ...
- Overestimates of Survival after HAART: Implications for Global Scale-Up Efforts.
Mar 05, 2008
... after HAART, are key to monitoring the effectiveness of global HAART scale ... -infected adults consecutively presenting for HAART were evaluated. The main outcome ... within the first year after HAART initiation. Of 68 patients initially ... after HAART are needed to enable accurate monitoring of global HAART scale ...
- Considering childbearing in the age of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART): Views of HIV-positive couples.
Nov 25, 2009
... the availability of HAART, actively planning to have one. HAART has not ... of HAART in preventing vertical transmission. Some respondents felt that HAART may ... of HAART. Conclusion: Based on the findings of the study, HAART seems ... complete and unbiased information on HAART, mother-to-child transmission risk ...
- [Time trends in demographic and clinical characteristics of adult patients on HAART initiation in West Africa.]
Med Mal Infect
Jan 04, 2010
... of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) between 1996 and 2006 in ... patients having started HAART, among these 55 % had started HAART between 2005 ... -2006. The median age at HAART initiation remained constant: 35 years ... -2006. CONCLUSION: The first line HAART regimen recommended by WHO was ...
- Response to hepatitis A vaccine in HIV patients in the HAART era.
Sep 26, 2005
... setting after the introduction of HAART. Overall, 130 of 214 vaccinated ... immunological reconstitution in response to HAART.