CMV-AIDS and HIV research citations
Annotated publication timeline
x-axis represents time, y-axis represents article importance (citation-based)
- Memory CD8+ T cells vary in differentiation phenotype in different persistent virus infect
Apr 02, 2002
... , Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), cytomegalovirus (CMV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV ...
- Skewed maturation of memory HIV-specific CD8 T lymphocytes.
Mar 12, 2001
... four subsets of HIV- and CMV-specific CD8+ T lymphocytes, and ... these populations in HIV- and CMV-specific CD8+ T cells showed ... CD45RA- CCR7- cells, whereas the CMV-specific cell pool consisted mainly ...
- Primary immune responses to human CMV: a critical role for IFN-gamma-producing CD4+ T cell
Mar 18, 2003
... kinetics and characteristics of cytomegalovirus (CMV)-specific CD4(+) and CD8(+) T ... of protective immune reactions to CMV and were functionally competent. Whereas in asymptomatic individuals the CMV-specific CD4(+) T-cell response ... responses, in symptomatic individuals the CMV-specific effector-memory CD4(+) T ...
- Plasma cytomegalovirus (CMV) DNA load predicts CMV disease and survival in AIDS patients.
J Clin Invest
Feb 05, 1998
... of oral ganciclovir for cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease prevention were evaluated for ... correlated with the development of CMV disease and survival. For participants without detectable plasma CMV DNA, the 12-mo Kaplan ... < 0.017). Among placebo recipients, CMV PCR positivity was associated with ...
- Rate of emergence of cytomegalovirus (CMV) mutations in leukocytes of patients with acquir
J Infect Dis
Dec 12, 2001
... valganciclovir, for newly diagnosed cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in 148 patients with ... immunodeficiency syndrome. The presence of CMV mutations was directly assessed in ...
- Analysis of HIV-1- and CMV-specific memory CD4 T-cell responses during primary and chronic
Jul 31, 2002
... 1 (HIV-1) and cytomegalovirus (CMV) were investigated in 16 patients ... 16 subjects also had primary CMV infection) and compared with those ... with chronic HIV-1 and CMV coinfection. Virus-specific memory CD4 ... receptor CCR7. HIV-1- and CMV-specific interferon-gamma-secreting CD4 ...
- Direct measurement of CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell responses to CMV in HIV-1-infected subjects.
Feb 22, 2001
... + T-cell responses to cytomegalovirus (CMV) in human subjects coinfected with ... CD8+ T-cell responses to CMV antigens are sustained over time ... CD4+ T-cell responses to CMV are associated with an inability to sustain high levels of CMV-specific CD8+ T-cell responses ...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)-specific CD4+ T lymphocyte immune function in long-term survivors of
J Infect Dis
Apr 11, 2001
... understand the relation of cytomegalovirus (CMV)-specific CD4+ T lymphocyte immunity ... with active CMV end-organ disease and survivors of CMV retinitis who ... -CMV therapy was discontinued. Most patients with active CMV disease had negative CMV ... + T lymphocytes/microL whose anti-CMV therapy was discontinued during 6 ...
- Autocrine production of beta-chemokines protects CMV-Specific CD4 T cells from HIV infection.
Oct 30, 2009
... rate of HIV disease progression. CMV-specific CD4+ T cells, which ... of HIV gag-specific and CMV pp65-specific CD4+ T cells in individuals co-infected with CMV and HIV. We found that ... in vivo infection history of CMV-specific CD4+ T cells. We found that CMV-specific CD4+ T cells which ...
- CMV retinitis recurs after stopping treatment in virological and immunological failures of
Apr 20, 2000
... 70 cells/mm3 and discontinued CMV maintenance therapy (MT). DESIGN: Seventeen ... cell (PBMC) lymphoproliferative assays to CMV at 3 month intervals were ... simultaneously. Mean lymphoproliferative responses to CMV were 2.4 in patients ... with and without reactivation. CONCLUSION: CMV disease recurs after virological and ...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) DNA load is an independent predictor of CMV disease and survival in
Aug 24, 1999
... -1 viral load in predicting CMV disease and survival. Our findings ... , with resulting undetectable levels of CMV DNA, in their plasma, have ... significantly lower risk of developing CMV disease and higher rates of ... that effective preemptive therapy for CMV can improve patient survival rates ...
- Development of cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease may be predicted in HIV-infected patients by
May 13, 1997
... retinitis and other serious manifestations. CMV disease may be successfully treated ... antigenemia test, blood cultures and CMV immunoglobulin (Ig) G and IgM ... . Univariate analysis showed that the CMV PCR, the antigenemia test and ... model. CONCLUSIONS: The CMV PCR and the CMV antigenemia tests are both ...
- Human CMV infection induces 5-lipoxygenase expression and leukotriene B4 production in vas
J Exp Med
Jan 08, 2008
... detected in tissue samples from CMV-infected patients with inflammatory bowel ...
- Loss of cytomegalovirus (CMV) viraemia following highly active antiretroviral therapy in t
Sep 16, 1999
... antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on cytomegalovirus (CMV) viraemia and retinitis in patients ... ever received specific anti-CMV therapy. METHODS: CMV load in blood was ... ). Fourteen patients remained CMV negative throughout follow-up. CMV viraemia recurred in ... of the 16 patients developed CMV retinitis. CONCLUSIONS: HAART including a ...
- Relationship between foscarnet exposure, baseline cytomegalovirus (CMV) blood culture and
Jan 16, 1997
... time to progression of cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis among HIV-infected patients ... was time to progression of CMV retinitis. The independent variables examined ... the status of the baseline CMV blood culture significantly affected the ... . However, patients with positive baseline CMV blood cultures had a significantly ...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) blood DNA load, CMV retinitis progression, and occurrence of resista
J Infect Dis
Jul 19, 2005
... amount of cytomegalovirus (CMV) DNA in the blood (CMV load) may be ... patients with AIDS and CMV retinitis had CMV load measurements (plasma and ... ; these measurements were correlated with CMV resistance to antiviral drugs and ... plasma and leukocyte CMV loads were associated with CMV retinitis progression (odds ...
- Detection of ganciclovir resistance mutations quantitation of cytomegalovirus (CMV) DNA in
J Infect Dis
Jun 26, 1996
... by restriction enzyme analysis in CMV blood isolates and directly in ... due to ganciclovir-resistant CMV strains. The CMV DNA load was also ... , including detection of common CMV UL97 mutations and CMV DNA quantitation, can ... leukocytes of immunocompromised subjects with CMV disease to monitor antiviral therapy ...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) polymerase chain reaction profiles in individuals with advanced huma
J Infect Dis
Jun 26, 2002
... qualitative plasma CMV polymerase chain reaction (PCR) values for CMV end-organ ... with those of acyclovir for CMV disease prevention. Baseline PCR positivity ... a significant risk factor for CMV disease progression (relative risk [RR ... strongly associated with progression to CMV end-organ disease (RR, 4 ...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) strain differences between the eye and blood in AIDS patients with C
Aug 04, 1998
... investigate possible differences in cytomegalovirus (CMV) strain distribution between the eye ... in AIDS patients with CMV retinitis. METHODS: CMV DNA sequences from aqueous ... identical, similar and highly divergent CMV a-sequences. CONCLUSION: These results ...
- Cytomegalovirus retinitis and viral resistance: ganciclovir resistance. CMV Retinitis and
J Infect Dis
Mar 26, 1998
... . With long-term therapy, resistant CMV may develop. In a prospective study of 108 patients with CMV retinitis, 80.6% of patients ... or positive urine culture for CMV at the diagnosis of retinitis ... correlated with the occurrence of CMV retinitis in the contralateral eye ...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) resistance in patients with CMV retinitis and AIDS treated with oral
J Infect Dis
Jun 21, 1999
Treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis with oral ganciclovir results ... were studied from patients with CMV retinitis participating in four clinical ... % of patients yielded a resistant CMV, defined as a median inhibitory ... taking oral ganciclovir shed resistant CMV (median ganciclovir exposures of 75 ...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) burden, CMV end-organ disease
Clin Infect Dis
Aug 07, 2003
... prospective study to analyze cytomegalovirus (CMV) end-organ disease (EOD) in ... . Of 403 individuals without prior CMV EOD who were followed up ... quantification limits was associated with CMV EOD. A CD4 cell count ... fractions screened for CMV DNA; if CMV DNA is detected, CMV prophylaxis might ...
- CMV-IGG avidity and CMV-IGM concentration in both immunocompromised and immunocompetent pa
Pathol Biol (Paris)
Sep 25, 1996
... patients with primary CMV infection, the maturation of CMV IgG activity was ... recipients who developed a primary CMV infection despite the administration of ... 25 immunocompetent patients with suspected CMV infection was usually inversely correlated with CMV-specific IgM concentration. Thus, the ...
- Comparison of the Murex Hybrid Capture CMV DNA (v2.0) assay and the pp65 CMV antigenemia t
J Clin Virol
Jan 13, 2000
... : Presently the semiquantitative pp65 cytomegalovirus (CMV) antigenemia test on white blood ... comparison with the CMV-pp65 test. The MHC CMV-DNA assay is ... both the MHC CMV-DNA assay and the CMV-pp65 test. RESULTS ... showed a rapid decline of CMV during subsequent antiviral treatment. CONCLUSION ...
- Adoptive immunotherapy for cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease in immunocompromised patients.
Yonsei Med J
Jul 13, 2004
... agents. The recovery of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL ... clones from CMV seropositive donors expanded in vitro with CMV infected fibroblasts ... describes the clinical manifestations of CMV disease in immunocompromised patients, recent ...
- Use of the cytomegalovirus antigenemia (CMV-Ag) assay for the detection of CMV in the bloo
Can J Microbiol
Mar 11, 1994
... cytomegalovirus (viz., the cytomegalovirus antigenemia (CMV-Ag) assay). Confirmatory testing was ... polymorphonuclear leukocytes in the inoculum. CMV was detected and isolated from ... (or) isolation of CMV from blood by the CMV-Ag assay, SV ... the rapid detection methodologies. The CMV-Ag assay encompasses the benefits ...
- Seroprevalence of CMV antibodies in a blood donor population and premature neonates in the
Kaohsiung J Med Sci
Jan 06, 2000
... found to be CMV seronegative. The frequency of CMV seropositivity revealed no ... female donors. The frequency of CMV seronegativity showed a stepwise decrease ... seroprevalence of these markers between CMV seropositive and seronegative groups. Our ... (30.0%) premature neonates were CMV-seropositive. These premature specimens and ...
- Clinico-pathological study of cytomegalovirus (CMV) in AIDS autopsies: under-recognition o
Aust N Z J Med
Mar 28, 1996
... severe immunosuppression has occurred. Although CMV infection of the retina and ... diagnosis and/or treatment of CMV infection. METHODS: The postmortem examination ... %). Concordance between clinical diagnosis of CMV infection and postmortem findings was ... , despite four patients having florid CMV pneumonitis at postmortem examination; in ...
- Failure of high-dose oral acyclovir to suppress CMV viruria or induce ganciclovir-resistan
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol
Mar 21, 1995
... intervals and cultured for cytomegalovirus (CMV) in diploid fibroblast cells. The ... one urine culture positive for CMV while taking ZDV, versus 20 ... mg/day does not suppress CMV excretion in urine of symptomatic ... appear to induce resistance of CMV to ganciclovir since the ID50 ...
- Predictive value of cytomegalovirus (CMV) antigenemia and digene hybrid capture DNA assays
Clin Infect Dis
Dec 08, 1998
... decreases the incidence of cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease among persons infected with ... assay, and a commercially available CMV DNA hybridization assay for their ability to predict CMV disease in 138 HIV-infected ... months, 23 patients (17%) developed CMV disease. The sensitivity, specificity, positive ...
- Addison-disease - an unusual clinical manifestation of CMV-end organ disease in pediatric
Eur J Med Res
Aug 08, 2000
CMV infection is common in pediatric ... which Addison-disease due to CMV was suspected during lifetime. We ... shown to be infected with CMV.
- Detection of CMV DNA in the aqueous humor of AIDS patients with CMV retinitis by AMPLICOR
Feb 04, 2003
... (AIDS) patients with CMV retinitis. Detection of CMV DNA in the aqueous ... CMV retinitis was compared with detection of CMV DNA in inactive retinitis. CMV ... were diagnosed ophthalmoscopically as having CMV retinitis that was subclassified as ... inactive. The active and inactive CMV retinitis cases were distinguished based ...
- Cessation of anti-CMV therapy in patients with CMV retinitis.
Hopkins HIV Rep
Jun 01, 1998
... reveal lesions resembling well-controlled CMV retinitis in patients receiving HAART ... who never received specific anti-CMV therapy. Further research is needed ... this issue. Cessation of anti-CMV therapy seems most appropriate in ... protection against CMV. The response in a patient with CMV retinitis who ...
- [CMV infections]
Apr 05, 2005
... populations. The frequency of anti-CMV bodies occurrence in healthy adults ... pregnancy requires further prenatal diagnosis. CMV is asymptomatic in 99% of ... HIV infections). Clinical forms of CMV infections have been presented here ... at the Clinic; methods of CMV infection treatment in various groups ...
- [CMV infection in HIV-infected patients]
Jun 24, 2008
... changes in the picture of CMV disease (CMV-D) in the era ... the diagnosis of CMV-D was observed. Although, CMV infection remains the ... infected persons. Clinical presentation of CMV end-organ disease and immune ... -disease progression and death in CMV-viremic patients and the data ...
- Treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis with intravitreous ganciclovir in HIV-infected children.
J Med Assoc Thai
Jun 25, 2008
... intravitreous ganciclovir treatment in cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in HIV-infected children ... were found to have CMV retinitis. All CMV retinitis lesions were "cheese ... children also received intravenous ganciclovir CMV retinitis lesions were improved in ...
- [Two types of CMV ocular complications in patients with HIV infection.]
Klin Mikrobiol Infekc Lek
Nov 16, 2009
... markedly reduced the occurrence of CMV retinitis, on the other hand ... a new ocular complication - CMV uveitis. CMV uveitis is an immunopathological inflammatory ... cART. These two forms of CMV ocular complications differ in pathogenesis ... CMV retinitis is treated with anti-CMV virostatics whereas the therapy of CMV ...
- CMV-antigenemia in peripheral blood for the diagnosis of CMV disease in HIV-infected patie
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol
May 03, 1996
... HIV patients with suspected cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease (n = 144; 140 men ... examined for the presence of CMV-pp65 antigen in peripheral blood ... were thoroughly examined for existing CMV disease at first visit and ... /194 samples of patients without CMV disease the test was negative ...
- A case of ganciclovir-resistant cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in a patient with AIDS: lo
Aug 13, 1997
... the temporal relationships between cytomegalovirus (CMV) viral load and specific UL97 ... AIDS who developed ganciclovir-resistant CMV retinitis. METHODS: Sequential PMNL and ... substantially predicted the progression of CMV disease were the quantitative PCR ... . CONCLUSIONS: Quantitative evaluation of the CMV viral load in PMNL using ...
- [Current strategies for treatment of CMV retinitis in patients with AIDS]
Klin Monatsbl Augenheilkd
Sep 24, 1999
... most common manifestation of active CMV infection in patients with AIDS ... became available, the prognosis of CMV retinitis was very poor. Meanwhile ... rather than prevent relapse of CMV retinitis. Each relapse produces a ... : Effective treatment of clinically resistant CMV retinitis must consider the individual ...
- [Stopping secondary prevention in AIDS patients with inactive CMV retinitis treated with H
Nov 17, 2000
... of AIDS patients with cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis treated and healed by ... months) after cessation of the CMV-specific maintenance therapy (five orally ... expected low risk of retinal CMV reactivation after immune recovery in ... secondary prophylaxis with an anti-CMV maintenance therapy. Regular ophthalmic and ...
- [CMV DNA detection in plasma using real-time PCR based on the SYBR-Green I dye method]
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin
Nov 27, 2006
... immunocompromised patients with clinically suspected CMV disease, patients under follow-up ... samples from patients positive for CMV pp65 antigenemia were also analyzed ... cost-effective. CONCLUSION: Quantification of CMV DNA in plasma using this ... up of patients with opportunistic CMV infection, which are increasingly more ...
- Intraocular HIV-1-specific IgG synthesis in a patient with CMV retinitis.
Oct 12, 1990
... quantitation of antibodies specific for CMV and human immunodeficiency virus type ... AIDS patient suffering from bilateral CMV retinitis. The ratio of the ... the ocular compartment. In contrast, CMV-specific IgG levels in serum ... consistent with the hypothesis that CMV retinitis may be associated with ...
- Protection of neonates from transfusion-associated AIDS by the use of CMV-seronegative blo
Am J Perinatol
Nov 16, 1987
... post-transfusion cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, many institutions administer CMV-seronegative blood products ... order to prevent infection with CMV. Information obtained from recent HTLV ... other populations that routinely received CMV-seronegative blood before availability of ...
- CMV retinitis.
Optom Vis Sci
Oct 11, 1995
... infection in patients with AIDS. CMV retinitis is often asymptomatic and ... and in patients with AIDS. CMV retinitis presenting in AIDS patients ... at risk or have developed CMV retinitis is reviewed. Recent data ... also provided. CONCLUSIONS. Cases of CMV retinitis will continue to increase ...
- [Clinical profile of cytomegalovirus (CMV) enterocolitis in acquired immunodeficiency synd
Rev Assoc Med Bras
Aug 14, 2000
... determine the clinical profile of CMV colitis in AIDS patients, comparing ... chronic diarrhea. Group A being CMV colitis and group B without ... mucosal lesions associated with the CMV infection are typically ulcerative on ... significance. CONCLUSIONS: AIDS patients with CMV colitis have a poorer long ...
- [Monitoring AIDS patients for the development of cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease using multi
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop
Feb 22, 2001
... human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The CMV viral load seems to be ... patients. From twenty patients, two CMV targets were amplified three or ... times and these patients developed CMV related disease during the study ... follow up did not present CMV related disease. The results suggest ...
- Laboratory diagnosis of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections in immunodepressed patients, main
Apr 10, 2001
... a high prevalence of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in the general population ... of clinician-defined objectives. The CMV immunological state of the patient ... symptoms and illnesses caused by CMV (CMV disease: CMVD), and other infectious ... . Techniques allowing the quantification of CMV viremia, namely pp65 antigenemia and ...
- Acute CMV-colitis in a patient with a history of ulcerative colitis.
Scand J Gastroenterol
Feb 28, 2003
... syndrome (AIDS). Gastrointestinal infections with CMV, especially colitis, are usually found ... attack of colitis caused by CMV infection. This was documented by ... presence of CMV early antigen, antibodies and evidence of CMV in the ... most attention is given to CMV-pathogeneity in immunocompromised patients, here ...
- Immunocytochemical characterization of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infected giant cells in perin
Acta Histochem Suppl
Jun 12, 1992
... a pediatric case of necrotizing CMV myelitis after perinatal HIV infection ... , factor VIII, vimentin, macrophages, leukocytes, CMV, HSV I + II, toxoplasma, and ... Schwann cells stained positively with CMV antiserum. With regard to their ... cells. It is concluded that CMV giant cells represent one phase ...
- Non-CMV infectious chorioretinopathies in AIDS.
Optom Vis Sci
Oct 11, 1995
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis is the most common ... acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) patients. CMV is not the sole agent ... (AIDS retinopathy) from CMV retinitis, but also distinguish CMV retinitis from other ... the clinical features of non-CMV infectious retinopathies and choroidopathies that ...
- [Widespread gastrointestinal CMV infection as the presenting manifestation of AIDS]
Jun 21, 1993
... gastrointestinal infection due to cytomegalic (CMV) virus and was found to ... not responding to standard treatments. CMV has a broad spectrum of ... increasing numbers of reports of CMV ileocolitis in homosexuals with AIDS. The rate of sero-positive CMV in healthy homosexual populations is ...
- Viral resistance and CMV retinitis: design and methods of a prospective study. CRVR Resear
Jul 22, 1997
... newly diagnosed, previously untreated cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis is being conducted to study drug resistant CMV. Prior to initiation of treatment ... urine culture for presence of CMV, and drug susceptibility testing against ... for the development of resistant CMV. It also will determine the ...
- [Local therapy in treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in AIDS. The ganciclovir im
Jan 15, 1998
... efficacy in preventing progression of CMV retinitis without additional systemic therapy ... our patients presented with extraocular CMV disease. Thirty-five percent (n ... patients with unilateral retinitis developed CMV retinitis in the primary uninvolved ... be an effective treatment for CMV retinitis with few disadvantages. Time ...
- Research of antigen and antibodies from retroviruses, CMV and HBV among prisoners of the p
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo
Apr 13, 1999
... (HTLV); Herpesviridae as the Cytomegalovirus (CMV) and Hepadnaviridae such as the ... antibodies; IgG and IgM anti-CMV antibodies, and the research of ... . When looking for IgG anti-CMV percentages of 97.7% (43 ... , respectively. As to IgM anti-CMV antibodies 11.36% (5/44 ...
- New developments in the delivery of ganciclovir for cytomegalovirus (CMV retinitis).
Oct 09, 1995
... observed. The most common CMV infection is CMV retinitis, which causes loss ... visual acuity. Current treatments for CMV infections are ganciclovir and foscarnet ... using the drug orally as CMV infection prophylaxis. Other issues with ...
- Update on treatment of CMV retinitis.
AIDS Clin Care
Oct 25, 1995
... developments in the treatment of CMV retinitis are highlighted, including new ... eyes of thirty patients with CMV retinitis, time to disease progression ... intraocular to intravenous ganciclovir in CMV retinitis patients, implant patients had ... of oral ganciclovir to prevent CMV end-organ disease resulted in ...
- The occurrence of symptomatic CMV infections in heart transplant recipients.
Bratisl Lek Listy
Apr 01, 2004
... follow the occurrence of symptomatic CMV infection in heart recipients. METHODS ... methods for the detection of CMV infection in heart transplant recipients ... that the occurrence of symptomatic CMV infections was lower than the ... and recipients, by using of CMV-seronegative, filtered, or leukocytes-poor ...
- CMV DNA levels and CMV gB subtypes in ART-naive HAART-treated patients: a 2-year follow-up study in The Netherlands.
Jun 17, 2009
... greatly at risk for cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease. In HAART-treated patients, the incidence of CMV disease has decreased dramatically and ... , including four patients with triple CMV infection and seven patients with ... HAART treated patients, infection with CMV gB3 is most prevalent, but ...
- Development of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Immune Recovery Uveitis Is Associated with Th17 Cell Depletion and Poor Systemic CMV-Specific T Cell Responses.
Clin Infect Dis
Dec 29, 2010
... appropriate matched control subjects. Cytomegalovirus (CMV) immune recovery uveitis (IRU) is ... cell reconstitution. Methods. We examined CMV-specific T cell responses, regulatory ... . Results. Patients with CMV IRU had poor CMV-specific CD4(+) T cell ... do not develop exaggerated systemic CMV-specific or polyclonal immune responses ...
- Failure to control AIDS-related CMV-retinitis with intravenous ganciclovir.
Mar 01, 1993
... AIDS-patients with unilateral cytomegalovirus (CMV)-retinitis. Despite of continuous therapy ... , three patients developed slowly progressive CMV-retinitis in the fellow eye ... related to the duration of CMV-retinitis and partly to the ... not stop the progression of CMV-retinitis in long-term survivors ...
- Simultaneous primary infection with HIV and CMV leading to severe pancytopenia, hepatitis,
Apr 25, 1990
... primary infection with HIV and CMV in an 18-year-old ... while HIV antigen disappeared. Anti-CMV-IgM was clearly and anti-CMV-IgG questionably positive; IgM persisted ... to a simultaneous infection with CMV.
- Nonprogressive CMV retinitis in AIDS patients with protease inhibitors therapy for AIDS.
Ocul Immunol Inflamm
Feb 26, 1998
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis is the most common ... cases of AIDS with nonprogressive CMV retinitis after undergoing a combined ... well prevent the recurrence of CMV disease and decrease the morbidity ...
- Corneal infiltration and CMV retinitis in a patient with AIDS.
Sep 21, 1998
... in a patient with cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome ... ). METHODS: Case report. RESULTS: Human CMV genome was detected in plasma ... humor by polymerase chain reaction. CMV retinitis subsided and the corneal ... in an AIDS patient with CMV retinitis. Etiological significance of the ...
- CMV retinitis in the era of HAART.
Ocul Immunol Inflamm
Feb 09, 2000
... incidence and the prognosis of CMV retinitis. Highly active antiretroviral therapy ... functions. Clinically, the completely quiescent CMV retinitis and the unusual prolonged ... , the decision to stop anti-CMV maintenance therapy is based on ... four months. The improvement of CMV retinitis on HAART may also ...
- Advances in the treatment of CMV.
Jul 03, 1995
... methods for treating and preventing CMV retinitis has provided advances in not only controlling CMV, but also improving patient quality of life. Studies of ocular CMV implants suggest that their use ... far has not shown that CMV retinitis spreads to the unaffected ...
- The changing treatment options for CMV retinitis.
GMHC Treat Issues
Sep 14, 1995
... services for people with cytomegalovirus (CMV), a major opportunistic infection of ... with advanced AIDS. The following CMV drugs: ganciclovir, foscarnet, cidofovir, ISIS ... are efforts of testing for CMV in the central nervous system ... combinations of drugs to manage CMV are gradually emerging, but that ...
- Macular CMV retinitis: a case report.
Bull Soc Belge Ophtalmol
Oct 29, 2004
PURPOSE: Cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis is the most common ... macula. We describe an atypical CMV retinitis exclusively confined to the ... observed leading to presumption of CMV retinitis. RESULTS: The patient was ... healing of the lesion. CONCLUSIONS: CMV retinitis has to be taken ...
- Presumed CMV associated necrotizing retinopathy in a non-HIV immunocompromised host.
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol
Jun 03, 2005
... group of viruses, including cytomegalovirus (CMV). Reports defining causative viruses have shown CMV to be a rare cause ... report in the literature of CMV associated with progressive outer retinal ... . A case is presented of CMV-related necrotizing retinopathy concurrent with ...
- CMV enteritis causing hemorrhage and obstruction in an infant with AIDS.
J Pediatr Surg
Jul 31, 1990
Serious gastrointestinal infections from cytomegalovirus (CMV) are often observed in immunosuppressed ... . We present a case of CMV enteritis in an infant with ... a newly recognized type of CMV enteritis that can affect an ...
- [Hepatitis A, B, CMV, EBV and HIV infections in premature and term newborn infants followi
Dec 27, 1990
... for hepatitis A and B, CMV, EBV, and HIV infections. This ... groups the incidence of positive CMV and EBV serologies was significantly ... were less frequently associated with CMV infection. These results confirm the ...
- CMV retinitis treated with ganciclovir [9(1,3-dihydroxy-2-propoxymethyl) guanine] in patie
Jan 15, 1988
... syndrome (AIDS) and disseminated cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection were treated with a ... an early relapse of his CMV infection which was halted by ... after 17 months of progressive CMV disease. The dose of the ...
- [CMV and VZV encephalitis in AIDS]
Dec 21, 1995
... were performed in search of CMV, VZV, toxoplasma, HIV antigen and lymphoma. RESULTS: CMV meningoencephalitis was found in 6 ... signal) would suggest VZV and CMV encephalitis. Other images (abnormalities of ...
- Intravitreal and systemic foscarnet in the treatment of AIDS-related CMV retinitis.
Eur J Ophthalmol
Dec 06, 1996
... experience in the treatment of CMV retinitis with foscarnet in 25 ... all herpes-class viruses including CMV. Foscarnet was successful in halting the progression of CMV retinitis during induction treatment (180 ...
- CMV colitis masquerading as colon cancer--an unusual presentation of acquired immunodefici
Singapore Med J
Sep 17, 1997
... out. Histological examination revealed Cytomegalovirus (CMV) colitis and the patient was ... % of all AIDS patients have CMV colitis. The diagnostic criteria for CMV colitis is reviewed. AIDS is ...
- Nursing considerations in the use of cidofovir for CMV retinitis in patients with AIDS: re
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care
Oct 30, 1997
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis, a late complication of ... . Although the retinal damage from CMV cannot be reversed, disease progression ... life of a patient with CMV retinitis.
- [High-dose intravitreal ganciclovir in CMV retinitis]
J Fr Ophtalmol
May 03, 2000
... in the maintenance therapy of CMV retinitis in AIDS patients. MATERIAL ... center. The maintenance therapy of CMV retinitis consisted of a single ... induces a prolonged remission of CMV retinitis and is well tolerated ...
- [Cytomegalovirus (CMV)]
Apr 26, 2000
Human cytomegalovirus (CMV) is an ubiquitous agent. CMV infection is a common ... and patients with AIDS. Anti-CMV drugs are used for the ...
- Massive lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage caused by CMV disease as a presentation of HIV i
Pediatr Surg Int
Apr 10, 2001
... to opportunistic infections like cytomegalovirus (CMV). CMV disease of the GI tract ... . The use of gancyclovir for CMV disease in the postoperative period ...
- [Oral ganciclovir for the prevention of illnesses caused by CMV]
Jul 12, 1995
Cytomegalovirus (CMV), a common virus of the ... two treatments used to control CMV. Foscavir is used when ganciclovir ... advance for controlling symptoms of CMV.
- [Fighting with humor: interview with Enrique Andino, an activist living with CMV]
Aug 01, 1997
... -positive and living with cytomegalovirus (CMV), discusses his personal experiences of ... the disease. Enrique discusses his CMV symptoms, the types of treatments ... cope with the effects of CMV are presented.
- Comparison between HIV- and CMV-specific T cell responses in long-term HIV infected donors
Clin Exp Immunol
Nov 27, 2002
... comparison with responses to cytomegalovirus (CMV) antigens. High levels of CD8 ... specific for HIV-1 or CMV were observed, but neither their ... two patient groups. Moreover, while CMV-specific CD4+ T cell responses ...
- A survey of cytomegalovirus (CMV) DNA in primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) liver tissue
Dec 30, 1992
... have hepatobiliary infection with CMV. Direct evidence of CMV infection in PSC ... fetal lung with known CMV infection as the CMV-positive control. 37 ... none being positive for CMV. The lack of CMV-DNA in 35 ... believe, rules out any significant CMV reactivation in these tissues, and ...
- [CMV retinitis in AIDS--a pre-final complication?]
Klin Monatsbl Augenheilkd
Oct 04, 1991
The appearance of cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in AIDS is regarded ... report here 3 cases of CMV retinitis in AIDS having an ...
- AIDS-CMV retinitis: Singapore's first cases.
Ann Acad Med Singapore
Nov 06, 1991
... 1988, four cases of AIDS-CMV retinitis were diagnosed in Singapore ... therapy could be started. AIDS-CMV retinitis is a new disease ...
- [CMV virus infection of the vulva and vagina]
Feb 25, 1991
... -fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue. CMV was found in macrophages and ... far unusual manifestation of a CMV-infection.
- Atypical presumed CMV retinitis.
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol
Apr 06, 1990
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis is a common and ... discuss an unusual presentation of CMV retinitis which appeared initially only ...
- [Anti-HBS, anti-CMV, and anti-HIV antibodies and HBS antigen in patients with hemophilia,
Acta Haematol Pol
Jul 27, 1990
... following antibodies were determined: anti- CMV, anti-HIV, anti-HBs, and ... antigen by ELISA test. Anti-CMV were found mainly in acute ...
- CMV colitis mimicking Crohn's disease in a patient with acquired immune deficiency syndrom
Can Assoc Radiol J
Nov 20, 1987
... widening rapidly. Patients with cytomegaloviral (CMV infection of the colon have ... and representing another appearance of CMV colitis.
- Kaposi's sarcoma of the conjunctiva and CMV-retinitis in AIDS.
Jun 26, 1987
... important ocular manifestations AIDS are CMV-retinitis and Kaposi's sarcoma ... as treatment for the severe CMV-retinitis, which leads rapidly to ...
- [Frequency of anti-HBV, CMV, and HTLV antibodies in donors at risk]
Rev Fr Transfus Immunohematol
Jan 09, 1985
... in an unselected population. Anti-CMV antibody was detected in 73 ... . Both anti-HBc and anti-CMV antibodies were detected in 28 ...
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis B, hepatitis C, CMV and HIV in multiply transfused thalassemia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health
May 12, 2000
... ), hepatitis C virus (HCV), cytomegalovirus (CMV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV ... rates for HBV, HCV and CMV were 2.4%, 22.4 ...
- Tc-99m Red Blood Cell Scintigraphic Detection of CMV-Induced Small Bowel Hemorrhage.
Clin Nucl Med
Sep 21, 2007
... revealed the presence of cytomegalovirus (CMV) enteritis. In immunocompromised children presenting with gastrointestinal (GI) hemorrhage, CMV enteritis should be considered.
- Seroprevalence of other antibodies (herpes, CMV, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B and C, syphilis, chlamydia, mumps, toxoplasmosis) in HIV-positive patients.
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol
Jul 28, 2011
... patients to other antibodies (herpes, CMV, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B, hepatitis ... for herpes simplex IgG/IgM, CMV IgG/IgM, rubella IgG/IgM ...
- Ganciclovir therapy for cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection of the central nervous system in A
J Infect Dis
Jul 05, 1995
... system (CNS) disease and cytomegalovirus (CMV) DNA in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF ... with low baseline levels of CMV DNA and positive with decreased ... patients with higher baseline levels. CMV pp65 antigen in polymorphonuclear leukocytes ... for monitoring ganciclovir treatment in CMV infection of the CNS. In ...
- Valganciclovir: a review of its use in the management of CMV infection and disease in immu
Apr 11, 2005
... of the standard anti-cytomegalovirus (CMV) drug ganciclovir. Valganciclovir is as ... the treatment of AIDS-related CMV retinitis, and oral ganciclovir for ... the treatment of AIDS-related CMV retinitis. Overall, valganciclovir appears to ... induction and maintenance therapy of CMV retinitis in patients with AIDS ...
- High-dose intravitreal gancyclovir for cytomegaloviral (CMV) retinitis.
Aust N Z J Ophthalmol
Apr 09, 1990
... syndrome (AIDS) with bilateral cytomegaloviral (CMV) retinitis who had become neutropaenic ...
- CMV retinitis treatment.
Optom Vis Sci
Oct 11, 1995
... in the treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis are ganciclovir and foscarnet ...
- Acute Sj철gren-like syndrome as the first manifestation of a generalized CMV infection in
J Laryngol Otol
Feb 20, 1996
... first case of generalized cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease in an AIDS patient ...
- [Cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in AIDS. Gancilovir implantation in comparison with syste
Jul 02, 1999
INTRODUCTION: Untreated CMV retinitis with AIDS leads to ...